Is it time to change King and Priest?

Tom

• PRIEST
16 minutes ago, Kerrin said:

Thanks @Maureen & @petra-  somehow I thought Michael had channeled something different for the roles-  more in tune with Michael Newton and not just matched to the chakras. 

If you'll look at everyone's profile pictures, if they have chosen a Role, you'll notice the colours there, as well. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

10 hours ago, Maureen said:

If you'll look at everyone's profile pictures, if they have chosen a Role, you'll notice the colours there, as well. 

I think I just don't really love purple 😜

• LOL 5

As a server I've never felt comfortable with the name though I was happy it was changed from slave.

I feel the role is a foundational or supportive role that sort of "holds" the others in a way.  At least that's how it feels sometimes so I like the word supporter because of that. Helpers and aides are usually the ones keeping things running behind the scenes and much of our work is invisible and subtle.

I checked a thesaurus for supporter and found "sustainer" and "anchor." I really liked "anchor" because it feels like what we do but it doesn't describe the role well enough but "sustainer" does so that gets my vote. "Supporter" is a close second.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

A lot of interesting ideas and comments in this thread.  I'm glad to see that we humans are beginning to move past and become more comfortable with a non-binary expressions of "gender".  Even  the term "gender" carries with it different connotations for different people.  My take on "gender" is that you should "be who you are", whatever that means to you.  What I mean by that is that you can't let the opinions and perceptions of others stand in the way of your perception of your self.  Your gender identity / gender expression is your own; feel free to share it or keep it private as you wish.

Another observation, if I may, is that the names by which we know the roles seem to me to be conveniences rather than truths (yes, I am stealing a phrase form Michael and hope I am applying it correctly).  By this, I mean that the "roles" were not created/conceived in English - nor to conform to the English language;  rather mid-causal teachers like Michael  and Seth have referenced convenient terms from the English language to help students to learn and understand the concepts - not to set them in stone.  When we, as students, offer our own substitutions are we possibly and inadvertently changing the meaning?  Seems like a great question to pose to Michael:  are there other terms or means to express / describe the roles that are more gender neutral and/or without hierarchal implications?

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Tom, that's a good idea.
Since Michael has recently said our world is moving towards non-binary in various ways, I suppose it's simply timely to ask them for more inclusive, genderless names/descriptors for the Roles. Ones that aren't based on ancient archetypal roles of a patriarchal social system. Which sadly seem inherently hierarchical to many (potential) students.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

@Tom I'll give it a shot:

"Hi Michael, with the world moving toward a non-binary paradigm and breaking down old hierarchies, some of us think that the current terms for the Roles are becoming outdated, since a couple of them are traditionally male roles (particularly Priest and King), and they imply a hierarchy and specialness that are often assumed by newer students but aren't really applicable to an Old soul teaching. What is your perspective on updating the Role names, and could you suggestion a new set of names that are non-binary and non-hierarchical that students could consider adopting?"

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 4

10 hours ago, DianeHB said:

"Hi Michael, with the world moving toward a non-binary paradigm and breaking down old hierarchies, some of us think that the current terms for the Roles are becoming outdated, since a couple of them are traditionally male roles (particularly Priest and King), and they imply a hierarchy and specialness that are often assumed by newer students but aren't really applicable to an Old soul teaching. What is your perspective on updating the Role names, and could you suggestion a new set of names that are non-binary and non-hierarchical that students could consider adopting?"

@DianeHB This is great; thank you!

Edited by Tom
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Personally I prefer king and priest, makes sense to me. But I definitely see that people think they can be improved.
So here's my suggestions.

King-leader\orchestrator\chad
Priest-coach\catalyzer

Seems both I and @Anirudh came up with orchestrator for king, catalyzer I stole from his list tho, like that one a lot too :7
maybe we should let the 'narrator' decide? ^^,

Edited by Nicko
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

21 hours ago, DianeHB said:

This is so good!

I have been thinking about the same for quite some time and wanted to ask Michael for a possibly update on the Roles, just as I asked them about their name here;

Ingun: I like to know which name are you known by in the future and in for instance another current parallel(s)?

MEntity: We are known mostly as Michel, eventually, as this captures our balance of Creative and Focused Energy and does not assign a gendered name to us.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1