Does anyone have thoughts on Barbara Brennan’s Training Courses?

Delphi

Question

I finished reading Hands of Light and am almost done with Core Light Healing. I enjoy the structure with which she presents her material, her experiences healing many different ailments from neurological disorders to generational black magic curses, the precision with which she can visualise dysfunction in even parts of the brain, and would like to be serious about my psychic development. I think being very skilled in enery body practices/healing would complement channeling, of Michael or others, very well, and also enhance the degree of insight I can bring to the scientific fields I am trying to study and hopefully advance. Improved imaging/visualisation consistently improves our knowledge and reduces superstition/fear, and developing biofield imaging/astral imaging technologies will be no different.

My guess is Heyoan is an astral entity/her oversoul - so that’s one approach. Being able to immerse oneself in many astral worlds (like the reconstructions of Ancient Greece Michael mentioned we’ve made on the astral) would be extremely useful in figuring out the ‘true’ meaning of symbols then and distortions over the years so that they can be corrected. 

So I’m wondering, whether anyone has heard of this program, or attended it themselves? I would very much appreciate any feedback on this.

https://barbarabrennan.com/academic-programs/

3 answers to this question

• PRIEST
3 hours ago, Delphi said:

I finished reading Hands of Light and am almost done with Core Light Healing. I enjoy the structure with which she presents her material, her experiences healing many different ailments from neurological disorders to generational black magic curses, the precision with which she can visualise dysfunction in even parts of the brain, and would like to be serious about my psychic development. I think being very skilled in enery body practices/healing would complement channeling, of Michael or others, very well, and also enhance the degree of insight I can bring to the scientific fields I am trying to study and hopefully advance. Improved imaging/visualisation consistently improves our knowledge and reduces superstition/fear, and developing biofield imaging/astral imaging technologies will be no different.

My guess is Heyoan is an astral entity/her oversoul - so that’s one approach. Being able to immerse oneself in many astral worlds (like the reconstructions of Ancient Greece Michael mentioned we’ve made on the astral) would be extremely useful in figuring out the ‘true’ meaning of symbols then and distortions over the years so that they can be corrected. 

So I’m wondering, whether anyone has heard of this program, or attended it themselves? I would very much appreciate any feedback on this.

https://barbarabrennan.com/academic-programs/

I have read all her books and have her lecture series on CDs/MP3s but haven't listened to them in long time. I even dreamed of her last book before she published it. I saw her speak many years ago (in the 90's) in Toronto. She is warm, engaging, funny, and compassionate. I brought Hands of Light in to show a teacher friend of mine, Geraldine Smith-Stringer, who is/was exceptional (truly exceptional) at seeing and reading auras (Mature 5, Server-cast Artisan from Cadre  3, Entity 5, also, a psychic, medium, channel, etc.), and when she saw Barbara Brennan's photograph on the back of the book she said that she had the same colours combination in her aura as I had, right down to the tone/shade...which is rare. That was kind of cool. ✨ I did look into taking her course(s) after she had moved from New York to Florida but it would have set me back about $50K (course, travel, hotel stay, etc.) and at the time I couldn't afford it and wondered (as I'm oft to do) how much more I would learn than what I was already learning on my own. This has always been a dilemma for me. I'm not one to look for outside approval or the bestowing of credentials from institutions. I did see someone for some healing around 2006 in Toronto who had studied at the Barbara Brennan School of Healing (BBSH) and, frankly, didn't find her to be any better than people I had already worked with... including working with myself doing self-healing. Barbara Brennan is retired and doesn't teach anymore but I would think that the courses she's set up and the teachers/staff would be great to work with. The one thing you could expect, if you take her courses, is to go through rigorous complementary self-healing while you are in training. Michael addressed this in a Q&A I had with them in blog entry More on Energy Healing. Here's the excerpt.

Maureen:  What are these challenges that may not be expected?

MEntity:  In response to your question:

When a healer generates excess from the environment and body, it is something like using one's strength to pump a well to fill a pail and then carry that to the thirsty, the wounded. It can be exhausting and draining, and can only be sustained for so long before rest is required of the healer.

But because this is "carried" to the wounded, it does not have to pass through the healer.

When a healer is accessing more universal sources, it means that source has to flow through the bodies of the healer before becoming available. This is like becoming a well, instead of going to a well.

This is often preferred because that wellspring is beneficial on multiple levels to all involved, but this path is one that means that the healer must also heal thyself, lest the waters that flow forth be tainted.

By "tainted" we mean that while healing may be legitimate in circuitry, the recipient may subconsciously take on the water as infused by the healer's own expectations, wounding, prejudices, etc.

This is exemplified in many of the dramatic "tent healing" demonstrations where the recipient must comply with the presumptions of the healer to feel that he has received the healing.

It can also be exemplified in more insidious ways that can be manipulative in late Mature and Old souls.

So there are pros and cons to ACCESS vs EXCESS, but those who seek to be available as healers on a larger scale must, eventually, seek ACCESS as the means, and this means working on the surprising "crap" that comes to the surface as that healing energy is flowing over time.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

Thank you for the thorough answer, @Maureen. I’m not one to want outside approval/institutional credentials either. The courses are still really pricey (8k a year, total of four years??). I was interested moreso because I wanted great teachers/a technical approach and wasn’t sure where to look. It’s interesting to hear the person you saw in 2006 wasn’t much better than other healers you had seen. How did you learn on your own, I’d love to hear what path you took if you feel up for sharing.

Personally, if possible I would like to establish a longer term student-teacher relationship who I could compensate in ways other than monetary ones (because I’m a broke student), or somehow find paths on my own that could bring the same results.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

• PRIEST
On 10/6/2021 at 3:43 PM, Delphi said:

Thank you for the thorough answer, @Maureen. I’m not one to want outside approval/institutional credentials either. The courses are still really pricey (8k a year, total of four years??). I was interested moreso because I wanted great teachers/a technical approach and wasn’t sure where to look. It’s interesting to hear the person you saw in 2006 wasn’t much better than other healers you had seen. How did you learn on your own, I’d love to hear what path you took if you feel up for sharing.

Personally, if possible I would like to establish a longer term student-teacher relationship who I could compensate in ways other than monetary ones (because I’m a broke student), or somehow find paths on my own that could bring the same results.

Just some thoughts... 🕉️

Delphi, I hardly know where to start.... healing and healers is a very broad subject, for me, that takes into account the "story" of my life.

There is a lot of great Michael material on this subject on TLE. One of the Karmic Sequences/Stories (of Nine Karmic Sequences) I'm working on, through this lifetime, is the Healer Karmic Sequence/Story. Karmic Sequences do cross over lifetimes so it's possible I've brought this Sequence forward with me into this lifetime and will carry it into the next. We'll have to see. Most of my blog on TLE has to do with healing so if you want a broader view you could read through most of my blog entries and glean a lot. Here's what Michael said about my True Study ~ Focus ~ ASSIMILATION (relative to your Mode and your means of igniting Inspiration.): multiple philosophies; multiple healing modalities; psychology. 

Specifically, about hands-on healing, the natural ability to heal has always been there. When I was a kid I was the only one who could massage my mother's upper back and neck to get rid of her headaches. I considered (for a nanosecond) doing massage therapy. When I started having sexual experiences I would often be told how healing it was for the other person. This is not something you necessarily want to hear as a young person. Later on, as I gained more experience in life, I realized there was more to it. There was more to "healing touch" and I sought out venues where I could explore it more. I read up on it wherever I could. I took all the Reiki training available, with three different people/teachers (I love getting different viewpoints so working with different people/teachers works for me), through to being a Reiki Master. I even joined a Spiritualist church here in Toronto so I could heal people on Sundays... just for the healing experience. I had to go through their training first which is basically just another ritual. Nothing else about the church appealed to me as I have no doubt about "survival after death" and receiving and giving messages from the dead holds no fascination anymore. It's not "special" for me... it's just a way of life. 

From 2000 or so I worked as a psychotherapist helping clients work through their dysfunctional (and functional) beliefs using Core Belief Engineering (CBE). Interestingly, this kind of work is so intimate (to me) I see it as minds "touching".  So there's that. I've also taught Healing in different modalities and Intuitive Development. 

Now, I'm at the point in my life (been here for awhile) where I recognize that healing comes to us in so many forms (so many!!) that we often miss just how much healing is available to us on a daily basis, in our lives. We can and do use all our senses to heal and be healed. Touch is just one of them. Seeing someone clearly and trying to understand them is healing. Listening to someone who needs an ear, perhaps giving guidance where possible, or perhaps not, is healing. When I work with people I listen for and to what they need. I listen with more than my hearing. I listen with my heart, mind, body, and spirit. If we are in simpatico, and the choice to give and to receive is accepted, healing happens. It's the same for me... I'm part of the equation. People may or may not know they are being healed, in that moment, or over time, but I've learned that it doesn't matter we are healed all the same. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6