Is it possible to have a dead people 101 transcripts category in The Library?

AnnaD

Hi, 

I have a session booked with Troy where I am going to ask about the recently dead's location in the Astral and an outline of that level (Astral level 2). 

I have been reading Accepting Death (NMW?) transcript, the levels of the universe (physical to buddhaic  @Bobby and @Uma the transcript you have sent me ) transcript, what happens in the immediate 72 hours after death transcript, and it has been reassuring. Also the life review transcripts, and Maxim's and Geraldine's nearing death transcripts. 

Would TLE be able to create a category for Dead People 101: Guidebook for the recently dead and bereaved (What happens now with their consciousness?) type category? The reason for this category would be kind of like a spiritual Track and Trace system (similar to courier mail or registered postal items - like where are the dead at this point in the system, I am being glib but to give some consolation/comfort/solace/floorplan to the bereaved etc). So that we can go to one category and find Dead people dynamics, conventions, things that happen to most dead people without having to look too hard as grief makes it difficult to think of search terms, in my case anyway). I keep on imagining this scene from Beetlejuice and it kind of covers what could be created. I could put this together...with guidance and feedback....

i.e., "Where are the Dead now they are not in their body exactly?" , "The first 72 hours of a Dead person, a personal recounting", "Life Reviews", honestly, to have a category for Dead Person related topics would be so helpful, and would again contain all Dead People related topics in one area, obviously including links/tags to other relevant associations. 

I do keep coming back to Beetlejuice absurdity. Is it possible to have all dead people related transcripts in the same category although subcategorised as well? Feedback please?

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download.jpg

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 10

• ARTISAN

@AnnaD -- the problem with setting this up in the Study Library is that there can be no discussion or Q&A. I suggest you set up initially as a topic in a forum of your choice, and when you have a selection of topics related to your idea, we can consider pulling everything into a new forum category for the topics. Ultimately a series of articles can be added to the Library in some way, but then there will be an option to include reference links back to the original forum topics so that students can ask follow-up questions or discuss the content. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

@Janet ok I can do that. I can begin to ask about the consciousness or "life" of the dead person/deceased person/discarnate person in my next sessions and hopefully that transcript will generate discussion and prompt questioning.

@Janet, @Maureen or anyone else who knows too, I now have the time to read Seth. I expect Seth Speaks and The Unknown Reality 1 and 2 to be delivered to me within the next 2 weeks as a hard copy. Do you know which are the most relevant Seth by Jane Roberts books, that can tell me about Seth's description of a recently dead fragment/essences's consciousnesses' likely/probable experience of the environment of the astral levels 1-4? 

Would I find this discussed in any of the Seth books I have bought which I will read anyway? Or would I find this subject more discussed in Jane Robert's Roberts, Jane (1978). The Afterdeath Journal of An American Philosopher: The World View of William James. Prentice-Hall?

Basically, which Jane Robert's Seth book(s) are going to give me the most comprehensive overview of the Astral levels 1-4 or wider, for those essences that are currently discarnate? I am getting the impression that Seth may have perhaps more existing mapped information on this subject than has yet been asked by TLE or maybe this impression is a symptom of my general Seth and TLE ignorance. Either way please inform and correct me if you can, please and thank you. 

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

• ARTISAN
On 10/28/2021 at 11:23 AM, AnnaD said:

Do you know which are the most relevant Seth by Jane Roberts books, that can tell me about Seth's description of a recently dead fragment/essences's consciousnesses' likely/probable experience of the environment of the astral levels 1-4? 

There's no Seth book that maps this out in the way you want. Seth speaks about the things you are interested in, but in completely different terminology and not in a single place.  

Or would I find this subject more discussed in Jane Robert's Roberts, Jane (1978). The Afterdeath Journal of An American Philosopher: The World View of William James. Prentice-Hall?

I haven't read this one but it is discussed in the Seth books. At some point Jane began to receive impressions from William James and pursued her impressions into creating this book. It is not Seth, although perhaps Jane quotes Seth within the content.

I am getting the impression that Seth may have perhaps more existing mapped information on this subject than has yet been asked by TLE

There is information in Seth. It is not "mapped" in any manner that you will find satisfying. Of course, I'm not a Scholar, and so you may find you are able to organize Seth in a more meaningful way than I have been able to. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Hi Janet, 

thanks for commenting on my question. You said regarding my questions of the environment (astral level 2) and the consciousness of the dead

3 minutes ago, Janet said:

There's no Seth book that maps this out in the way you want. Seth speaks about the things you are interested in, but in completely different terminology and not in a single place.  

If and when you have time, can you give me some key Seth terminology that will lead me to the information I want?

Can you offer some key terms that could make my Seth search for human consciousness after physical plane death more quick? I trust your judgement because you are familiar with Seth. If you can't, no worries. I will continue to search. I will get there. Thanks for your answers. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

• ARTISAN

Oh gosh no. It's not a concept that provides simple search terms. Seth speaks about the dream world as being a real place and I assume Seth's 'dream world' is Michael's 'Astral Plane." 

But even if there were a search term, you'd be searching through all the books, and not just one or two. The info just isn't organized that way. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1

Oh God lol that is the answer that I was expecting (and dreading lol)  but thanks for removing any ambiguity for me on this question. I like having my expectations managed! I will be reading Seth for a while lol. Thanks @Janet 😆

Edited by AnnaD
  • LOL 1

@AnnaDI would read Seth Speaks and then The Nature of Personal Reality.   In fact, I'd recommend reading all the Seth dictated books in order as they really do build on each other and Seth meant them to be read that way.  I have read the entire series twice and can't imagine doing it any other way, especially the Unknown Reality books, which I think  would be incomprehensible without reading Personal Reality first.  You can skip The Seth Material though. 

And if you really do like having your expectations managed, may I suggest savoring the experience?  When I read Seth I feel my mind expanding in all different directions to take in the teachings even though I would never be able to explain or articulate them to anyone.  My dream life expands as well. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 2

@Wendy so you would recommend the order for reading Seth as starting with:

1. Seth Speaks (Yay I bought it so at least I am starting off with 101 or pre 101)

2. The nature of personal reality. 

What is next for reading Seth after the nature of personal reality?

I like having the scope of the question answered, is what I meant about having my personal expectations managed. I am a Spiritualist but I appreciate very much, a wise realist view. Seth will take a long time for me to read. The Michael Teachings took me 15 years to grasp pre Troy/TLE, and now 10 years on TLE, so I imagine Seth will take a similar timeframe for me to comprehend Seth. And Seth appears to me like it is written in another language, so there is another language to learn perhaps.

Most things feel like chores at the moment so in having @Janet answer my question in the manner that I had anticipated, in that Seth's responses to the concept of the Afterlife equates to Seth's Dream World being Michaels' Astral Plane makes sense. I am just bitching that I can't get my answer within 2 minutes. So I appreciate being told (an anticipated but frustrating truth) that my Seth Afterlife question will take a long time to answer. But I am glad to be disabused of any illusion. Whatever time it takes for me to take Seth on board. 

I am interested in Seth's take on the dream world/astral. 

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

• ARTISAN
6 minutes ago, AnnaD said:

@Wendy so you would recommend the order for reading Seth as starting with:

1. Seth Speaks (Yay I bought it so at least I am starting off with 101 or pre 101)

2. The nature of personal reality. 

I also recommend reading them all, but if you have access to the 9 books containing the Early Sessions, I'd suggest starting with these. They begin with the very first Seth sessions and provide insight into Seth's relationship with Jane and Robert while introducing them (and us) to his teaching. The Early Sessions books lead into Seth Speaks, then Nature of Personal Reality and so forth, because Seth dictated most of the books via the sessions.  

However, since you have Seth Speaks on the way, it's not a real problem to start with that. Personal Reality was the next one, and then The Unknown Realities books.

Wikipedia has the complete list of Jane's books in the order they were published. The Early Sessions were published after Jane's death as part of Robert's quest to publish every iota of info they had on hand. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

@AnnaDI respectfully must disagree with Janet about reading the early session first because I find them very unorganized even as someone who has read all the dictated books twice, and all the personal/deleted session books.  But I haven't read most of them.  The Seth books below were dictated by Seth as books to clearly disseminate his teachings to a wide audience and I believe they are still the best way to absorb the teachings.  Maybe I'm just showing my pedantic tendencies, but if Seth meant for us to read them this way, that's the way I think we should do it.  And I can't imagine going through 9 books before getting to Seth Speaks.

The first book  is Seth Speaks

The 2nd book is The Nature of Personal Reality.

3rd Book: The Unknown Reality, Book 1

4th Book: The Unknown Reality, Book 2

5th Book: The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression

6th Book: The Individual and The Nature of Mass Events

7th Book: Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment, Book 1

8th Book: Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment, Book 2

There's also The Magical Approach and The Way Towards Health which were published much later.   All the Early Session, Early Class Session and Deleted/Personal Session books I feel are better understood after reading the official Seth books. 

I don't know if cost is an issue for you, but for me all those later publications are relatively short and at $10 each, it gets pretty pricey, so you may find you get more bang for the buck from the dictated Seth books, the first four of which are quite hefty.

I also really loved the Conversations with Seth books by Sue Watkins, about their ESP class.  I even had a reading of some of Seth's words from that book at my wedding.  No I did not say where it was from.

Edited by Wendy
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2