"One of Us" by Joan Osborne

WolfAmethyst

Digitally remastered as the IS energy unfolds

If God had a name what would it be?
And would you call it to his face?
If you were faced with Him in all His glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?

And yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
And yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah

What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Tryin' to make his way home?

If God had a face what would it look like?
And would you want to see if, seeing meant
That you would have to believe in things like heaven
And in Jesus and the saints, and all the prophets?

Yeah, yeah, God is good

Just tryin' to make his way home
Like back up to heaven all alone
Nobody callin' on the phone
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome

Yeah, yeah, God is good

Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody callin' on the phone
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 3

OH MY, @WolfAmethyst  I listen to this song at least once a week, I sooo love it!!!

I did not even know who was singing the song, around 15 years ago I got a self made collection CD from a friend of a friend and this song was also on it, well thank you for enlighten me about the singer of this wonderful song!!!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

• PRIEST

I love this song and it was perfect for the quirky beautiful TV series Joan of Arcadia.

What if God was one of us was the theme song to the CBS TV show Joan Of Arcadia, which starred Amber Tamblyn and ran from 2003-2005. The show was about a teenage girl who encounters God in the form of everyday people. God appears in the form of various people including small children, teenage boys, elderly ladies, transients, or passersby. Joan is asked by God to perform tasks that often appear to be trivial or contrary, but always end up positively improving a larger situation. 

Here are some of the people-as-God Joan encountered.

Here's a clip where God explains the effect of being present and observing -- when it's the right thing to do.  This ending is noticeably more direct than most episodes, since it is the only time God comments so clearly on "what would have happened" rather than primarily allowing events to speak for themselves.

I love this encounter with God when he shows Joan a "miracle". 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

11 hours ago, Maureen said:

I love this song and it was perfect for the quirky beautiful TV series Joan of Arcadia.

What if God was one of us was the theme song to the CBS TV show Joan Of Arcadia, which starred Amber Tamblyn and ran from 2003-2005. The show was about a teenage girl who encounters God in the form of everyday people. God appears in the form of various people including small children, teenage boys, elderly ladies, transients, or passersby. Joan is asked by God to perform tasks that often appear to be trivial or contrary, but always end up positively improving a larger situation. 

Here are some of the people-as-God Joan encountered.

Here's a clip where God explains the effect of being present and observing -- when it's the right thing to do.  This ending is noticeably more direct than most episodes, since it is the only time God comments so clearly on "what would have happened" rather than primarily allowing events to speak for themselves.

I love this encounter with God when he shows Joan a "miracle". 

I watched this series and in the time it passed... it's exactly the kind of series I like.

I wondered what it would be like if I met God "in person" the way I did with Joan. I would like to imagine that... too bad the series only had 2 seasons...

• LIKE/LOVE 4