This is TruthLoveEnergy: A Michael Teachings Collaborative Community - We are a collaborative community of studying, sharing, and archiving of The Michael Teachings as channeled through Troy Tolley since 1988.   BASIC INTRODUCTION

There are many SERVICES available - Order an Essence & Personality Profile, join a private Personal Open Floor chat with Michael, find out your 9 Pillars, discuss Past Lives, ask about relationships, and schedule time to discuss anything and everything with Michael through Troy.    SCHEDULE A SESSION

Do You Need SUPPORT? - Community Support and Official Support are available for members! Support Tickets receive responses as fast as we can, so please be patient. We are a very small team! Community Support is dependent upon member responses.   SUPPORT TICKETS COMMUNITY SUPPORT

Check out our ever-evolving LIBRARY? - Explore our archiving of decades worth of material channeled through Troy from Michael. This Library is a collaborative effort and shows the power of community.  STUDY LIBRARY

Learn More About Your HOST & CHANNELING - Learn more about Troy through his blog and feel free to ask him about anything related to his work as a channel! You will receive a response ASAP.   30 THINGS ABOUT TROY ASK THE CHANNEL TROY PLAYS GAMES

Netflix The Andy Warhol Diaries

AnnaD

I was looking for queer, gay or lesbian content to take my mind off study. 

I never knew what to make of Andy Warhol, but I didn't know him at all, this fond documentary is worth watching.

He struck me initially as detached, almost like an idea that is not local or specific enough. This documentary fills in the human inside that Andy was, with his consent, because it is his diaries of the important relationships and people in his very full life, despite his early death.

Cut to the chase: His childhood in 1928, probably an Old Soul Artisan (yes, this is my speculation) and being gay, and being bullied for being gay and "strange" (read gentle and observant) provoked him to move to New York to pursue work as a commercial artist and meet people he could create and collaborate with. 

It covers his creative collaborations with Basquiat, Haring and Scharf and his community in New York during the AIDS war that claimed many lives much earlier than otherwise would have been. It is an interesting commentary on an epidemic that was deemed to be a gay disease (1981 The Gay Cancer, Kaposis sarcoma) versus 2022 where we are living in a pandemic that takes whoever it can in spite of the demographic and the acceptability of the susceptible demographic. Andy was terrified of getting AIDS. He had many friends who were dying of AIDS. This story is told with love and fondness for Andy. 

I feel like I know him. I was moved to tears with the level of love his remaining friends (all his ex partners have died) spoke of Andy with. 

I think what I loved the most about this documentary that has at least 6 or 7 episodes, was that he was courageous and gentle and truthful about his life. 

https://www.netflix.com/nz/title/81026142

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

• 1 month later...

I just finished watching this. I was living in NYC during the early 80s (through the late 90s) and I remember vividly the NYC presented in the documentary. As Andy Warhol rightly said of 80s NYC, it was the best of times and the worst of times—you could also say it was a tale of two cities, the city that was being wiped out by AIDS and the city that wasn't. All but three of my many gay friends from that period died of AIDS, not to mention neighbors, colleagues, acquaintances. And I remember when Warhol died like it was yesterday. Also TWA flight 800, etched in my memory forever, though I had completely forgotten that his ex was on that flight. I found the documentary so beautiful and moving. I always loved him and, now that I understand him better, I just appreciate him even more.

• LIKE/LOVE 2