TruthLoveEnergy

This is TruthLoveEnergy: A Michael Teachings Collaborative Community - We are a collaborative community of studying, sharing, and archiving of The Michael Teachings as channeled through Troy Tolley since 1988.   BASIC INTRODUCTION

There are many SERVICES available - Order an Essence & Personality Profile, join a private Personal Open Floor chat with Michael, find out your 9 Pillars, discuss Past Lives, ask about relationships, and schedule time to discuss anything and everything with Michael through Troy.    SCHEDULE A SESSION

Do You Need SUPPORT? - Community Support and Official Support are available for members! Support Tickets receive responses as fast as we can, so please be patient. We are a very small team! Community Support is dependent upon member responses.   SUPPORT TICKETS COMMUNITY SUPPORT

Check out our ever-evolving LIBRARY? - Explore our archiving of decades worth of material channeled through Troy from Michael. This Library is a collaborative effort and shows the power of community.  STUDY LIBRARY

Learn More About Your HOST & CHANNELING - Learn more about Troy through his blog and feel free to ask him about anything related to his work as a channel! You will receive a response ASAP.   30 THINGS ABOUT TROY ASK THE CHANNEL TROY PLAYS GAMES

Wanting Memories - Ysaye M. Barnwell / Sweet Honey in the Rock

Eric

This song popped into my music today and I was immediately struck by it. It was readily resonant and I went to look it up. The group Sweet Honey in the Rock has been around in some form for almost 50 years and has an extensive, storied history, as does the song's composer Ysaye Barnwell, of which I've only just scratched the surface. The song itself has been around since the 90s and has apparently touched the ears and hearts of a great many people over the decades.

While listening, I was reminded of my moment of vividry on the beach and it occurred to me that this could even be framed as personality singing to essence and trying to remember and find beauty while navigating life. Hence the thought of posting it here.
The top video is the Sweet Honey in the Rock version, the bottom is a collaborative video in celebration of composer Ysaye Barnwell's 75th birthday.

I am sitting here wanting memories to teach me

To see the beauty in the world

Through my own eyes

Through my own eyes

You used to rock me in the cradle of your arms

You said you'd hold me til the pains of life were gone

You said you'd comfort me in times like these and now I need you

Now I need you

And you are gone

Through my own eyes

Since you've gone and left me

There's been so little beauty

But I know I saw it clearly through your eyes

Now the world outside is such a cold and bitter place

Here inside I have few things that will console

And when I try to hear your voice above the storms of life

Then I remember

all the things that I was told

Through my own eyes

Through my own eyes

I think on the things that made me feel so wonderful when I was young

I think on the things that made me laugh

made me dance

made me sing

I think on the things that made me grow into a being full of pride

I think on these things

For they are true

Through my own eyes

I thought that you were gone

But now I know you're with me

You are the voice that whispers all I need to hear

I know a please, a thank you, and a smile will take me far

I know that I am you and you are me and we are one

I know that who I am is numbered in each grain of sand

I know that I've been blessed

Again

and over again

Through my own eyes

Through my own eyes

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

• Eric changed the title to Wanting Memories - Ysaye M. Barnwell / Sweet Honey in the Rock