Janet

Questions about names and nicknames

Janet

This question was originally posted by Jean on 5/31/08.

I'm wondering if these sorts of questions have been asked and answered elsewhere but I haven't seen them. I did take a look through the archives but it could be me being not terribly computer savvy that I missed something. Also if anyone could point me in the direction of further information if this area hasn't already been explored I would love to be pointed that way.  

1. Has the Michael entity commented about the significance (if any) of our names on the physical plane?
2. I noticed that in Messages from Michael as I went through the book that the entity refused to call one of the members by a nickname "Jack". I am also wondering if the Michael entity would comment about people who have had their names changed legally over the course of an individual lifetime, how that would relate to a false personality, etc.?
3.Do fragments often end up with the same first name over multiple lifetimes?
4. Has there been commentary about the use of email, screen-names and other nicknames taken on as a matter of religious ritual (for example, I believe many Christians are given or take a name at confirmation and I also know that many pagan groups have a name they use in their rituals)?
5. How does the name a person was given help them connect with their essence, if at all?
6. Is there a difference between having a single given name or having multiple given names? I was thinking specifically of infant adoption but also I have heard of parents being rushed to fill out a birth certificate and then later changing a child's name early in childhood (it seems like many of those people go back to the first name)? Is there some significance or connection to the first breath, ensoulment and then the first name that comes to mind for that person?
7. What can be said for persons who are not given an immediate name and are referred to as "Baby Boy/Girl Doe" and is the time frame of a name being chosen significant in some way?
8. If the original name is significant what can be said about people who are not aware of the original (true) name or are unable to know it? would it be important for them to find out?
9. Are middle and/or last names also important and how to they relate, if at all, to the false personality?
10. Is it important to know the names we held in past lives and would it be helpful for us to explore them or to get in touch with them?

FROM MICHAEL:

1. Has the Michael entity commented about the significance (if any) of our names on the physical plane?

Names are as significant to the individual as that individual determines it to be. Birth names are usually more significant to the one who chose the name than to the one carrying the name, but this can change over time as the individual either "grows into" the name, or alters it to his or her liking. There is validity to the numerological interpretations when done within the proper contexts, such as the full birth name describing a picture of the combined ideal of the personality as determined by Agreements among the caretakers and the individual, with the signature name being the refinement of that ideal by the individual, and any "nicknames" being a description of the self-image (if the nickname is chosen) or the imposed image (if the nickname was given). We will point out here that what is known as the "Chaldean" version of numerology is more accurate in this exploration. We will also point out that while names indicate an ideal for the personality, the birth date, time, and location are far more significant in terms of the individual's inherent design and "blueprint" for the life.

2. I noticed that in Messages from Michael as I went through the book that the entity refused to call one of the members by a nickname "Jack". I am also wondering if the Michael entity would comment about people who have had their names changed legally over the course of an individual lifetime, how that would relate to a false personality, etc.?

Some of what made it to print in the book you reference was more an interpretation of our words than direct quotes or valid descriptions of real scenarios. When we described the relationship between False Personality, names, and particularly nicknames, this was interpreted at the time as being a conclusive description, but that is not the case. Names and nicknames often describe False Personalities, but not always. We say that they are often linked because names and nicknames describe an ideal or an interpretation, which is often inspired by False Personality. "False Personality" is a phrase we use to describe a Personality that has closed down the flow and participation of Essence in the life to a great degree, but for many a Chuck, Bob, WhipperSnapper, Debbie, or Ro, the inclusion of the soul in the life is of little concern and their happiness and fulfillment is not hindered by False Personality, even as their choices lean toward limitations and attachments. It is only as the soul grows older that False Personality becomes a factor of concern as consciousness becomes more and more a part of the life being lived. Then nicknames and names are no longer indicative of anything more than preference and play.

3. Do fragments often end up with the same first name over multiple lifetimes?

We would not say "often;" no.

4. Has there been commentary about the use of email, screen-names and other nicknames taken on as a matter of religious ritual (for example, I believe many Christians are given or take a name at confirmation and I also know that many pagan groups have a name they use in their rituals)?

Names bestowed or chosen for religious ritual or online identification are as subject to being indicative of False Personality as indicative of preference and play. Keeping in mind that names ultimately reference an ideal can help put this matter into perspective.

5. How does the name a person was given help them connect with their essence, if at all?

Names have no bearing on the connection or rejection of Essence.

6. Is there a difference between having a single given name or having multiple given names? I was thinking specifically of infant adoption but also I have heard of parents being rushed to fill out a birth certificate and then later changing a child's name early in childhood (it seems like many of those people go back to the first name)? Is there some significance or connection to the first breath, ensoulment and then the first name that comes to mind for that person?

We have seen greater weight of significance on the first name/s assigned, regardless of the rush to choose. Later names are just a refinement of the ideal.

7. What can be said for persons who are not given an immediate name and are referred to as "Baby Boy/Girl Doe" and is the time frame of a name being chosen significant in some way?

The timing of the naming is not significant, as far as we can see, however, in instances where the final naming is a matter of convenience and not an ideal, the individual may go through a radical transformation of self-identity at some point in the life.

8. If the original name is significant what can be said about people who are not aware of the original (true) name or are unable to know it? would it be important for them to find out?

Awareness of the naming is vital for it to have any bearing. Without that awareness, the naming is insignificant as an impact on the individual.

9. Are middle and/or last names also important and how to they relate, if at all, to the false personality?

Middle and Last Names are a part of the picture of the ideal, so they are "important," if you will, especially when interpreted through numerological methods. These may, or may not, refer to False Personality, but are less-likely to symbolize the False Personality than a nickname or a first name, at least in Western cultures.

10. Is it important to know the names we held in past lives and would it be helpful for us to explore them or to get in touch with them?

We have found no significance for a current Personality to know the names or nicknames of other Personalities from other lives beyond a crude method of identification, but as with the current name of a Personality, the significance can be as meaningful or as insignificant as the individual deems it to be. For some fragments, the naming of Personalities across lifetimes can be a practice in creativity, so in that light, it could be said to be significant to some degree.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

Janet
On 6/1/2016 at 8:16 PM, Janet said:

We will point out here that what is known as the "Chaldean" version of numerology is more accurate in this exploration.

Ran across this topic today and noted the reference to Chaldean numerology, which I had never heard of. It's different than what I've seen before. I found an article about it Chaldean Numerology and tried it out. Very interesting. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Amanda

Fascinating! I immediately went down the rabbit hole with this one! This site has wonderful and lengthy descriptions !  If I just use my first name, which is what I'm normally and most often called by, I'm a 7.  Reading the description nearly made my jaw drop!  I'm gonna play around with it more and try different name / birthday calculations!  Thanks for posting! 

• LIKE/LOVE 2