• ARTISAN
Janet

One of my co-workers is a Cynic, and the negative pole requires a lot of patience. lol

Interesting about the energy shift June 1-3: for the past 2 days I have noted a feeling of heaviness that was hard to shake.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
Timothy J Sullivan

Whew. I experience a sigh of relief and also excitement that we may pull off this Turning Point year with a more inclusive, progressive tone.  

• LIKE/LOVE 12
Nadine

LOVED THIS REPORT! And it's in line with what I was feeling lately. I even said to Kurtis that I was wondering if there was a Nexus or Energy Shift going on because I was feeling so fucking tired and foggy brained since the month started.

Also, I've felt like a lot of people are making an effort to shift into the Positive Poles, especially with all the Turning Points happening. What a beautiful thing to see that it is indeed "never too late"! 

I have to say I feel quite touched and inspired by this report.

• LIKE/LOVE 16
Rosario

Thanks Troy! Very interesting about the Cynic being a "canine" attitude, I hadn't read that before, and also that uplifting Universal Truth :love-very: Happy June to all!

• LIKE/LOVE 10
Kasia

I love that this is the direction we're taking!! I have loads of dogs in the neighborhood, and sometimes their incessant barking drives me utterly mad. An idea came to mind as I was reading this report: each time I hear barking, I'll take it as an opportunity to come back to awareness and ask myself bow "wow" or bow "ow"? Woof!

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • WARRIOR
Uma

Thank you for this interesting report. As a Warrior, Cynic is my 'natural' attitude, and my mother had that Attitude, so I have been contemplating it for a long time. I used to think it was the 'worst' attitude because the positive pole is Contradiction, which at first seemed not too positive. But then I realized how valuable Contradiction can be as time and time again it got me out of difficult situations. And Denigration is one of the easiest faces of fear, and therefore Chief Feature, to recognize. So I have grown to appreciate it. Recognizing when Chief Feature is in control has become easier because of it.

• LIKE/LOVE 17
Stickyflames

So beautiful! Rings true. The one warrior in my life who i got channeled, is so doglike in his approach to life that it is the most beautiful thing to witness and most frusterating thing to witness the BARKING at anything slightly threatening: technology, tv etc . 

I wonder if artisan and the skeptic attitude resonate with cats.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
Kasia
6 minutes ago, Stickyflames said:

I wonder if artisan and the skeptic attitude resonate with cats.

Can confirm Skeptic and cats! :wink:

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
1 hour ago, Stickyflames said:

Am I MeWOWing or meOWing?

Fucking love you!! LOL <<literally))

• LIKE/LOVE 7
KurtisM

Oh this is promising AND interesting. This gives me newfound hope to keep working and to make sure I treat myself with rewards, gadgets and treats when I'm feeling good or bad.

I've realized recently how much stress and anxiety I put on myself. I rarely noticed before because I always thought my problems were too insignificant compared to those of others.

Wow I was blind. I'm very stressed.

I spiralled into self-destruction for sure, reverting to behaviors I seem to use under extreme pressures.

This info about Cynicism relating to Canines is surprising. I can see how it would get across the attitudes 2 millenia ago if they were compared to animals or concepts.

Here's some notes on Cynicism:

The philosophy of living the truth through direct opposition.

When this opposition comes through Denigration it is an angry or manipulative defense to bring others down to your level, and destroy their system of beliefs so only yours stands. It is revealing the underside/unseen/unsaid to hurt, undermine, out of boredom or just to be contrary. Denigrators always know there's more, but unlike Idealists, they will continue to break down other people or concepts obssessively.

This can be directed unto others or the self.

When this opposition comes from Contradiction, it is often still shocking and difficult, but it is a healthy reminder of other perspectives being missed, particularly those opposite of what you believe/see. They reveal these to help and construct and explore and often in ways that consider what is real not just what isn't.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 11
NickF

"For nearly every pattern and momentum in the universe that could be improved, evolved, changed, and healed, it is never too late." This reminder will be helpful when my bad barking needs to change to something beneficial.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • PRIEST
Maureen

Well, blow me away!! The Energy Report exactly replicated my "dream decision" last night (more intuitive than thought out) to go with the "flexible, and gentle methods over any reactionary, defensive, or protective methods, even if the difference is very slight."  I love it when I get into sync with myself. I’ve missed you too, Essence.  ♥   Thank you so much, Troy, for these monthly Energy Reports or "Labours of Love". They are invaluable. 

• LIKE/LOVE 15
Crystal

This explains why I have been wanting to sleep so much earlier in the week - I actually fell asleep at my esthetician's when I was getting a facial! I had a nice refreshing little nap. :) This isn't like me, as I usually have the opposite problem (insomnia).

Interesting about the Cynic attitude and dogs. I agree that Warriors might be likely to be dog people, especially since dogs are so loyal, and Warriors prize loyalty and strive to be so themselves. My Warrior dad was a huge dog person and spoilt his beloved shelties rotten. My mom was a Scholar, and she loved all animals, volunteered at a wildlife museum, and brought me up to not be afraid of snakes and spiders. I wonder if that is a Scholar thing - to like, or at least be curious about, "all creatures great and small?" Meanwhile, I love all animals but am very much a cat person. (Not an Artisan but that is my ET)

It was good for me to read about the positive side of Cynic attitude, as a Spiritualist, I have a hard time "getting" Cynic or Skeptic for that matter. "But I want unicorns and rainbows..."

• LIKE/LOVE 8
John Roth

Hi Kurtis,

On the relationship to canines: three of the Attitudes are named after the Classical Greek philosophical schools of the same name: Cynic, Stoic and Skeptic. The Cynics definitely took their names after dogs. I suspect that studying those schools might shed a lot of light on those three Attitudes. (Fun fact: for a long time, Jesus was regarded by some scholars as a Cynic philosopher. He's portrayed that way in a number of 3rd and 4th century images.)

• LIKE/LOVE 12
KurtisM

Oh! Thanks for the tidbits John!

I never knew that the schools of philosophy modelled their lives after animals.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Eric

Lol, the last helpful thought for the month reminded me of this clip. Meow? Me-WOW! :P

Edited by Troy
Fix video embed - please check "make responsive" when posting videos
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
Heidi
15 hours ago, Troy said:

What you may find is that you go with the more inclusive, flexible, and gentle methods over any reactionary, defensive, or protective methods, even if the difference is very slight.

@Diane HB

This reminded me of your recent session!

• LIKE/LOVE 3
Nadine
On 4.6.2016 at 4:07 PM, Troy said:

And now you may begin to see a bit of the more-positive side of Caution in the Deliberate behaviors that show up as more carefully thought out, with clearer intent, and with some rationale behind them. What may come as a surprise is that clear intent and rationale are not always paired with kindness and “good.” The difference is in the irrational vs rational, not necessarily in the approval or appreciation of the end results.

The European Football Championship ("soccer" for my fellow us-americans) started on friday in France. It's a major event in Europe. There are already happening some of the most horribly, bloody, violent clashes between hooligans, so much that England and Russia are now threatened to be thrown out of the Cup if there is anymore violence. So I can see how the "headstrong plowing forth with the clear intent that crashes up against many others with their own entrenchment and headstrong clarity of intent" is not necessarily "kind" or "good". Definitely BOW-"OW".

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • PRIEST
Maureen

WTF!!! The recent shooting – "50 people were killed and 53 wounded after a gunman opened fire in a gay nightclub in Orlando, in what was among the worst mass shootings in American history." – sounds like Caution Mode (-Phobia/+Deliberate) winding down and the pulling in, or the amping up, of all the Negative Poles that are playing out this year – full blast and early.  

From May’s Energy Report:

At this point there is now BONDAGE, FRUSTRATION/FRENETICISM, REJECTION, and PHOBIA (negative poles of every overleaf of the year) compounding in effect, leading toward the addition of emphasis of the Negative Pole of the Cynic Attitude so that DENIGRATION is sustained as well. The more piling of emphasis of Negative Poles, the more complicated and painful the emphasis on the Chief Feature may be as the year comes to a close in Self-Destruction.

From June’s Energy Report: 

Most of our students have now seen how the Negative Pole for this Mode shows up as events unfolded in the world and in personal circles where Phobia rises, unwarranted panic, defenses, irrational behaviors and thinking and feeling. And now you may begin to see a bit of the more-positive side of Caution in the Deliberate behaviors that show up as more carefully thought out, with clearer intent, and with some rationale behind them. What may come as a surprise is that clear intent and rationale are not always paired with kindness and “good.” The difference is in the irrational vs rational, not necessarily in the approval or appreciation of the end results.  

“The Cynic Attitude is the philosophy of living in accord with nature and opposing all conventions that interfere with one’s nature.” 

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • ARTISAN
Janet
On 6/4/2016 at 5:06 PM, John Roth said:

On the relationship to canines: three of the Attitudes are named after the Classical Greek philosophical schools of the same name: Cynic, Stoic and Skeptic. 

The attitudes were communicated by Michael via the Oracle at Delphi.

MEntity:  Yes, our teaching was coming through our channels, several of whom are active as channels today, over that period of time, along with the students who refined it, such as Sophocles, Socrates, Aristotle, Plato. They helped to hone the Attitudes, or 7 Philosophies. (From Delphi and the Greek Fisherman)

It's not clear whether Michael gave them the same attitude descriptions we have now, which resulted in the 7 Philosophies, or Michael adapted what was 'honed' by the students at the time into the attitude names/categories we now have. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
Kasia

As I was looking up the EURO 2016 story Nadine posted about, I saw the developing story about the shooting in Florida. Both made me sick to my stomach, so today I'm really focusing on the idea that "it is never too late" to change momentum and alter a pattern. We can, and somehow, we will. I'm choosing hope over hopelessness. 

From a 2013 Michael Speaks:

[MEntity] From there, we can suggest that any act of violence, harm, or abuse is a matter of forgetfulness. We do not trivialize the scenarios by saying this. It is a forgetfulness on a profound level.

[MEntity] Essence, the self, consequence, life, the future, the past, etc. are completely forgotten.

[MEntity] You cannot do the remembering for that person.

[MEntity] But you can do the remembering for yourself.

[MEntity] Remember that there is more than the scenario, that there is more at all.

[MEntity] When one feels the weight of negative or destructive and harmful events in the world, it can be difficult to do the work of remembering, and your Essence, self, quality of life, joy, are tossed to make room for the forgetting (which, literally, takes up more "space" within).

[MEntity] Hold on to your own remembering as a way to anchor it in the world for others.

[MEntity] By "remembering" we mean that you do not fragment yourself as a way to navigate the uglier experiences of life.

[MEntity] We know we cannot solve the issues of bullying or reactionary violence stemming from helplessness or those with mental disturbances, but we can do our best to help you remember that there is more than this.

• LIKE/LOVE 18
AnnaD

Thank you Kasia, this:

MEntity] Hold on to your own remembering as a way to anchor it in the world for others.

remembering is an act of survival. And rebellion against another's desire to destroy us. This is a hate crime.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy

The Orlando massacre has me very emotional, angry, and shaking today, not just because of the shootings, but because of the commentary from religious and right wing celebrating the shooting.  This makes me realize we need a "World and Current Events" forum for just venting and working out the shock and confusion, and for the support and healing.

• LIKE/LOVE 10