KurtisM

AGGRESSION

KurtisM

*This is a summarized description using my own interpreted understandings and a mix of many quotes from Michael that can be read+studied in the source material below. Feel free to check in for updates, as more information may be gathered on this topic from newer sessions.

AGGRESSION MODE

One in Aggression relates to others by actively initiating many directions of focus and being able to manage all those cohesively. Aggression is all about igniting something.
Aggression grows intimacy through how well you “keep up” with him, without faulting/taming/slowing him down for his constant changes of focus+direction, or movement+activity, and it’s important for Aggression Mode to be able to manage and organize his experiences.

When in -Belligerence, he tries to plow forward through the use of force- often for self-satisfying purposes- and at the expense of the impact of his actions on those around.
He simply flails about from one interest, project, or relationship to the next when the last grows tedious/difficult or in an attempt to cater to and cover all bases at once(all parts involved in a direction).
Belligerence over-thinks, loses patience and only focuses on the limitations of time. It’s much like the theatrical hands of a loud talker- there may be a purpose, but no co-ordination- only constant distraction.

To move from Belligerence to Dynamism, Aggression must Persist. While this might just mean "keep trying", and focusing action into a decision or next step- picking things back up, so to speak- Aggression also benefits from initiating new perspectives/directions that sustain enthusiasm for doing something- such as letting a daunting project become a mini-project part of a larger one, or revitalizing a stale relationship by doing something new in it. Both are also forms of Persistence.

When in +Dynamism, he becomes aware of all that his actions initiate, able to manage(direct) those forces in action together. All parts of a relationship/scenario are juggled cohesively: much like what happens when conducting a symphony. He is aware of how it all plays together: aware of its dynamics.

Aggression is most attracted to your entirety- to what's become of you through your experiences.

He's most wounded when you/he is no longer whole, but fragmented, divided and scattered within and without; to heal, it helps him to recover a sense of integrity, and bring all the parts of himself back together, integrally, so that they function to return a sense of initiative+direction.

------
SOURCE MATERIAL:
Healing Relationships- Aggression~ Totality vs Divided
Modes and Goals- Aggression~ Create Consistency
Medium of Attraction- Aggression~ What's Become of it All, Totality, Dynamics, Causal Truth
How Aggression evolves Intimacy
Aggression & Persistence
Member: Maureen- Father in Aggression

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

KurtisM

The term "Aggression Mode" has always perplexed me.

I think I get why the Ms use it, since from their causal perspective, Aggression is an energy that has a lot of thrust and focused gusto.

But to me, no matter how much I try to understand it in relation to its descriptions given, it just doesnt cut it that "Aggression" is the best word.

So personally, I think ORCHESTRATION MODE works far better in terms of conveying the huge amount of activity, movement, sensation, interest and focus that this Mode naturally manages in relationships.

Belligerence would then be about the use of mindless force on that orchestration to create a strained result, or the totally chaotic dispersion of energy emanating from every part of the orchestra that sounds dissonant.

While Dynamism would be about the proper comprehension of causal dynamics between all the parts of the orchestra so that they can best  play together & off of one another to create the most resonance.

I'm just curious. Do any of you better understand this Mode with the term Orchestration instead? It just helps me comprehend it much better.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

John Roth

I knew someone in Agression mode, and the term simply didn't describe him. I'll have to let orchestration settle a bit to see if it's better.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

DianeHB
10 hours ago, KurtisM said:

The term "Aggression Mode" has always perplexed me.

I think I get why the Ms use it, since from their causal perspective, Aggression is an energy that has a lot of thrust and focused gusto.

But to me, no matter how much I try to understand it in relation to its descriptions given, it just doesnt cut it that "Aggression" is the best word.

So personally, I think ORCHESTRATION MODE works far better in terms of conveying the huge amount of activity, movement, sensation, interest and focus that this Mode naturally manages in relationships.

Belligerence would then be about the use of mindless force on that orchestration to create a strained result, or the totally chaotic dispersion of energy emanating from every part of the orchestra that sounds dissonant.

While Dynamism would be about the proper comprehension of causal dynamics between all the parts of the orchestra so that they can best  play together & off of one another to create the most resonance.

I'm just curious. Do any of you better understand this Mode with the term Orchestration instead? It just helps me comprehend it much better.

I just read this for the first time, and OMG, Agression Mode is SO me! ? This is the pattern I’ve always had around projects. And I’ve had to learn to slide to Persistence to work through obstacles so that I’m no longer abandoning projects when it got daunting or the momentum slowed. 

I agree that the word Aggression doesn’t seem to fit anymore, and that it may be symptomatic of the negative/younger soul bent of the old Michael channeling. I thought of that when I looked up the definition of Aggression, and Belligerence was a synonym. 

As as far as Orchestration as a replacement for Aggression, I don’t feel it. Orchestration is a description of the end result of the positive pole, and you want a word that is inclusive of both poles. Aggression is really about initiation of action, so Initiation might work better. Initiation also fits well opposite Perseverance on the axis. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

petra
@KurtisM  I'd like to give to you, some of what Varda Hasselmann has channeled about Aggression Mode, and published in her book called "Archetypes of the Soul"

- Of all Modes, Aggression has the most energy. And this is also the difficulty of this Mode: bringing so much impetuosity under meaningful control.
- The Mode of Aggression is even more outwards directed than is Passion.
- This Mode has an extremely creative dynamic, it produces a basic behavior which shoves and pushes, it wants to achieve something, it doesn't let go.
- Aggression has a dynamic impetus that forces one to act.
- It wants to be expressed and being an eruptive, dynamic energy, it's productive in the broadest sense.
- Symbolically it represents the sperm and not the egg. And just as sperm is a basic phenomenon of life, so is Aggression an inalienable element of vitality.
- Liveliness and aggressivity are closely united and from this there results another necessary linkage of Aggression and health.
- For the immune system is closely connected to the ability of the body-cells to fight off negative influence in the most aggressive manner.
- What distinguishes Aggression Mode from the cautious person, the restrained person, the passionate person or the powerful person is the dignity and natural strength which is applied and the preparedness to show, to expose, to counter-attack without losing face. Aggression Mode shows a great deal of courage.
- When we speak of Aggression as a Mode we don't mean aggressive actions which are expressed in acts of violence. We mean neither physical, verbal nor psychological violence, but only the ability of a person to employ his aggressive dynamic-creative energies in the best possible way to change and influence the world so that everybody can profit from them.
- Some people want to ban all aggressivity from their lives because they fear Aggression in the form of injury and violence, which they basically reject on philosophical grounds. Experience shows that this doesn't work. Others, often well- meaning therapists want to release a person's aggressions and do it in such a way that they provoke its expression. They misunderstand the fact that aggressivity  is basically a form of energy and that this energy ought to be released without destroying a person or a thing.
- In so doing, usually the heart 's content is left on the track and nothing remains but reluctance and frustration, because the Mode of Aggression wants to construct, not to destroy.
- It is good to acknowledge that the lava is fertile after the volcano has erupted.
- Aggressivity is labeled as undesirable, scares many and will therefore be made taboo very early on so that a child is seldom enough in a position to test its powers.
- The Mode of Aggression has the number 7 and therefore belongs to the essential Soul Role of a King. As a Mode it occurs relatively seldom, we stress that this Mode shouldn't be confused with the natural aggression every person - no matter which Mode is chosen - possesses as a basic expression of vitality, self-defense, fury, hatred. The Mode with the number 7, however, implies that there must be a certain dominance and claim to power contained therein. At the same time it's also an energy that can affect and achieve much,, especially in areas of life and society which demand powerful expressions of thought and will, dynamic ideas, the ability to carry through and a courageous pressing ahead in unknown areas. The person with such a Mode is the born pioneer, venture forward where others fear to tread, avert dangers by ignoring them.
The creativity and destructiveness which are contained in this Mode shouldn't be separated from each other. However a person can very well differentiate between that which is creative in the sense of building a better world and that which destroys the vitality and joy of himself and others. Both sides belong to his potential. This is a kingly Mode and must be employed with great responsibility.
- Whoever has all-too-many apparently justified reasons for never showing aggressions, and more than that, whoever thinks he doesn't have any aggressive feelings at all, should fundamentally consider the hypothesis that his natural Mode of Aggression is buried.
- To remove the grey cloak of false gentleness and to risk becoming visible in all of one's attractive dynamism. The inhibitions which one removes are in most cases a hidden armor intended to bind the fear-possessed liveliness which appears all too dangerous. If people with the Mode of Aggression control their belligerence and instead give expression to their dynamic force out of love, they become figures of immense vitality, of over flowing creativity and enormous influence on this world.
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

Uma

I have often contemplated Aggression Mode, as it is my chosen Mode this lifetime, and I have both hated and loved it at different moments. One thing I love about it is that I am immediately aware when I'm in the Negative Pole of Belligerence. And when that happens, it gives me the chance to stop and find my center and become at least neutral, if not Positive at that moment. And this has been a boon in slowing down the takeover of Chief Feature. 

I will think about your term, @KurtisM. I would check with Michael, though, before considering replacing Dynamism.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

KurtisM

Interesting @DianeHB.

When I used Orchestration I did think it fit both poles. Because I can imagine the force and belligerence that can come from an orchestrator just as much as the dynamic activity.

Although I do see how it may not fit some interpretations if people's idea of orchestration is controlled/managed conductivity, which may not fit belligerence.

I like the term Initiation as well.

Causation came up as another term applicable, though it could be too Warrior-like for some.

Explosion and Eruption are ones I like because they convey the effects side of Aggression, but unfortunately not the cause side.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

DianeHB
5 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

Interesting @DianeHB.

When I used Orchestration I did think it fit both poles. Because I can imagine the force and belligerence that can come from an orchestrator just as much as the dynamic activity.

Although I do see how it may not fit some interpretations if people's idea of orchestration is controlled/managed conductivity, which may not fit belligerence.

I like the term Initiation as well.

Causation came up as another term applicable, though it could be too Warrior-like for some.

Explosion and Eruption are ones I like because they convey the effects side of Aggression, but unfortunately not the cause side.

The reason I wouldn't use Orchestration is that the negative pole loses the sense of a whole, which is implied in the word orchestration. The word "orchestrate" also has more of an "arrangement" vibe to it rather than an initiation vibe. Aggression is all about starting the action, and I don't think Orchestration really captures that.

Another thought I had after reading Uma's comment is that Michael did mention that as we refine each overleaf and bring it more to the positive pole, we might use the positive pole term for the overleaf, drop the original negative pole term, and use a new term for the new positive pole. Such as how Rejection became the negative pole of Discrimination (the original positive pole), and the new positive pole being Sophistication. So Dynamism could be the new word for Aggression, Aggression being the negative pole, and Orchestration being the new positive pole?

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Maureen

@KurtisM, the issue with the word Aggression may be in not fully comprehending what it means or, more accurately, what it was intended to mean. The psychology community has hijacked the word stripping it of any of it's more positive meanings such as: "forceful and sometimes overly assertive pursuit of one's aims and interests. Synonyms: confidence, self-confidence, boldness, determination, forcefulness, vigor, energy, zeal. "he played the game with unceasing aggression""

Aggression is one of the Modes that takes over the Personality, completely, through every body, emotional, intellectual and physical, whether it's in the Positive Pole or the Negative Pole. I really liked what Petra commented on above from Varda Hasselmann. It fits -- perfectly.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:51 AM, petra said:

Some people want to ban all aggressivity from their lives because they fear Aggression in the form of injury and violence, which they basically reject on philosophical grounds. Experience shows that this doesn't work. Others, often well- meaning therapists want to release a person's aggressions and do it in such a way that they provoke its expression. They misunderstand the fact that aggressivity  is basically a form of energy and that this energy ought to be released without destroying a person or a thing.

When Aggression is in the Positive Pole there is a beauty present seeing Dynamism at work pulling all the bodies into alignment to get to what one wants in the moment or over time. Watching a plant grow through soil or a baby being born through the birth canal are prime examples of Aggression at work.

Violence is what we can see when someone is in the negative pole. I've seen this up close and personal (alcohol fueled) when this Mode drops into it's negative pole, Belligerence, and it's not pretty. Belligerence is about feeling helpless and lashing out in kind to get what one wants -- whatever that may be. 

Michael said to me when I asked about my father who had Aggression Mode:

As for Aggression Mode, keep in mind that this simply describes someone who relates through DOING.

When Aggression is in the Positive Pole, it is a person who relates by grasping the mechanics of action that are involved among all parts of a scenario or relationship. There is a sense of consequence, impact, and a capacity to anticipate these things.

This is Dynamism, or the capacity to direct force in a most beneficial way for all involved, if possible.

When the impact and dynamics are ignored, this can become Belligerence, or the use of force for the sake of a single aim, usually to only satisfy the one person directing that force.

Imagine the Poles of Aggression Mode as being the difference between the gestures of a conductor vs the theatrical hands of a loud talker.

Bean Time-Lapse - 25 days | Soil cross section

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 2

petra
@Maureen  Thank You, for always being on board and your brilliance !!!

Maureen: "Watching a plant grow through soil, or a baby being born through the birth canal is, are primary examples of Aggression at work."

As an obstetric and gardener I watched and pondered this all my life and I am in awe about this force.
Seeing a Dandelion pushing through concrete, freaks me out in a very uplifting way.

@DianeHB  Dynamism will be the word, in the evolution of the Mode of Aggression, as are all the words of the poles of the overleaves, so far given by Michael as well as the Source. It is up to us to earn and live up to them. Thank you, I love how your mind works.
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Uma

Interesting @DianeHB, because I used to hate the Goal of Dominance, thinking how awful to have that be your Goal, until i started focusing on the Positive Pole of Leadership, which was much more appealing to me as a Goal.

This latest insight into Aggression Mode also makes sense from the viewpoint of my Life Task. I love it when my choices finally make a little sense to me. I have yet to understand what I was thinking when I chose my parents. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5