This is TruthLoveEnergy: A Michael Teachings Collaborative Community - We are a collaborative community of studying, sharing, and archiving of The Michael Teachings as channeled through Troy Tolley since 1988.   BASIC INTRODUCTION

There are many SERVICES available - Order an Essence & Personality Profile, join a private Personal Open Floor chat with Michael, find out your 9 Pillars, discuss Past Lives, ask about relationships, and schedule time to discuss anything and everything with Michael through Troy.    SCHEDULE A SESSION

Do You Need SUPPORT? - Community Support and Official Support are available for members! Support Tickets receive responses as fast as we can, so please be patient. We are a very small team! Community Support is dependent upon member responses.   SUPPORT TICKETS COMMUNITY SUPPORT

Check out our ever-evolving LIBRARY? - Explore our archiving of decades worth of material channeled through Troy from Michael. This Library is a collaborative effort and shows the power of community.  STUDY LIBRARY

Learn More About Your HOST & CHANNELING - Learn more about Troy through his blog and feel free to ask him about anything related to his work as a channel! You will receive a response ASAP.   30 THINGS ABOUT TROY ASK THE CHANNEL TROY PLAYS GAMES

TLE RADIO: Revitalizing New Age Cliches

Janet

• TeamTLE

TLERadio 12-7-08

Revitalizing New Age Cliches

(THANKS TO OCEANMOONDREAMS/Cheryl for transcribing the entire show!!!)

Hello, and welcome to Truth Love Energy Radio, where we get out our tools for understanding, nurturing, and building our Universe using the Michael Teachings. The most basic foundation of the Michael Teachings is that "We are here to learn how to choose, and to choose how to learn." For more information on the Michael Teachings, please visit TruthLoveEnergy.com and check out the basic introduction so you too can join in with the growing number of students from around the world.

On today's show we'll discuss revitalizing New Age cliches. The number to call is 646-200-0772. I am your host and resident Michael Channel, Troy. Enjoy the show!

Well, hello everyone! I barely made it on the air on time, I was having computer troubles, but welcome back to TruthLoveEnergy Radio on this lovely Sunday, December 7th, 2008. If you are new to the Michael Teachings, or to this show, just check out TruthLoveEnergy.com for a basic introduction, so you can get more out of our discussions here. You can also check out the unofficial MichaelTeachings.com hosted by Dave Gregg, where students can explore a wide spectrum of input on the Teachings from other students, and from a few other channels. So make sure you check that out too. And when you're exploring any of the works of students or channels in regards to the Michael Teachings, please use an eye of scrutiny and feel free to question the material, call our any inconsistencies and discrepancies. It's really important when studying the Michael Teachings to always use your emotional, intellectual, and physical intelligence. If it doesn't resonate, or make sense, or ring true, explore it for a while, give it a chance, but, if it works for you, then use it. If not, then let it go. And, all of the channels, or actually none of the channels, are immune to their biases and personal agendas, so stay on your toes.

I'm gonna have to, hold on, I'm gonna launch the chat room, because I'm not sure if it launched properly... hold on... so if you were trying to get into the chat room and you couldn't before, now it should be up. Hold on, connecting... there we go. So if you couldn't get into the chat before, try it again, refresh your page, and look for the chat link.

So if you're listening to the live show, and you'd like to participate today, please call 646-200-0772, and be patient while you're on hold. Or you can join us, like I said, in the chat room, that should be up and working now. I hope to see some people pop in there.

I am so sorry, I was having, my computer completely froze up just before the show was about to go, oh, I cannot believe I made it here at all. I got really panicky. So we should be taking callers if there are any at about 30 minutes into the show. So, when you do call, you'll be able to hear us over the phone when you call, but we won't be able to hear you until I introduce you onto the air. So make sure you remain on hold and please be patient.

And how is everyone? If you're in the United States, did you enjoy your Thanksgiving? Mine was one of the best Thanksgivings ever. I had such a good time with my friends. And, most people who take the time to think about what Thanksgiving is rooted in historically are kind of appalled that we even celebrate such an atrocity, since it was generated out of, basically, genocide. And for the rest of the world, our celebrating Thanksgiving seems to be the equivalent of Germany having a holiday to celebrate the Holocaust. And it's true that many, if not most, Americans don't even think about the history behind Thanksgiving, but if I may be so bold to speak on their behalf, Thanksgiving has morphed away from the historical context and simply into an opportunity to reflect, give thanks and appreciation for life, for what sustains us, for what nurtures us, and the emphasis really is only on the thankfulness and the gratitude part of things. For some of us, this gratitude extends into comprehending just what happened in the beginning of our country, and we own that as part of our country's history. No country or people is immune to the mistakes of their ancestors, but hopefully we can make a difference with our current life, through our choices, and our growing awareness of how those choices impact other people, our environment, the animals in the world... but I think we're growing up, little by little, as a species and as Americans. We just elected our first black, or more accurately, interracial president, and that was within 40 years or so of the Civil Rights movement, so that's pretty amazing. I have a lot of hope for us. I could go on and on about that, but my point is that we grow and we evolve, individually and collectively, in an exponential manner, so I do see great things ahead for us, no matter how many times we trip and stumble along the way, or have to deal with a handful of assholes among us.

So, well today we're going to be exploring New Age cliches. I'm sure you've heard them all, and then some, from "You create your own reality" to "You are God", from "Think positive" to "I'll send you some energy" or "I'm sending you good thoughts and vibes", from "All time is simultaneous" and "There is only the now", from "All is choice" to "Nothing is wasted", or "There are no mistakes", from "All is love" to "Everything is perfect as it is", from "If it's meant to be" or "I guess it just wasn't meant to be" to "I'll just leave it up to the Universe, to God, to Higher Self". Some people have used "Let go, let God". And, even some phrases like "It must be his Karma" or "It must be from a past life", or "Surround yourself in protective white light". And one of my least favorites of all time, and this isn't really a New Age cliche, it's kind of an everything cliche, but "The world keeps getting worse and worse". So I don't know if we're gonna be able to cover all of these, but these are just a few of the phrases, thoughts that have become rather cliche and empty of meaning, or at least misleading in meaning, or have turned into incomplete thoughts over the years in New Age circles. There's so many I could think of that, or that I couldn't think of that I hope some of you will call in and bring some up on your own. And you can just share with us your favorites, and we'll try to discuss those.

So today we want to discuss the cliche phrase or thinking, we also want to get to the heart of the original thinking, or the meaning that was behind these cliches, and then maybe revitalize our way of looking at them and applying these phrases or thoughts in a way that can be useful, practical, insightful, even applicable.

So before we dive into our discussion of these Cliches, I'd like to bring in our Panel! Let me make sure everybody's functioning here. So here comes our panel!

(PANEL Music)

Troy: First I'll introduce Cyprus from New York City! Hello!

Cyprus: That music is just wrong! Good morning, all... afternoon.

Troy: And next from Guthrie, Kentucky, it's Sandy!

Sandy: Hi! I love the music, it cracks me up.

Troy: It cracks me up too. How are you guys today?

Sandy: I'm cold, but other than that I'm great.

Cyprus: I'm just wonderful.

Troy: I am so glad you guys were there. I had computer glitches out of nowhere. Everything runs smoothly, until, of course, I need to focus on something, and all of a sudden I couldn't get the browser to launch, then I tried to reboot and it wouldn't reboot. I tried shutting it off and turning it on. That never happened before, that I can remember, at least. So, I'm glad you were there. Thank you, guys.

Sandy: We're happy to be here. At least apeaking for myself.

Cyprus: Of course I am.

Troy: So how was your Thanksgiving?

Sandy: Cyprus?

Cyprus: Mine was with you, Troy.

Troy: I know, but nobody else was there. That's why I was asking.

Cyprus: Oh, it was wonderful. We had a really great time, yummy food. It was a lot of fun, no stress, fun game playing, it was good. The whole day passed, and all of a sudden it was like morning, and we had no idea it was so late. That's a good time.

Sandy: Mine was well also, I spent it with my in-laws, and we had a wonderful time, and a ton of great food. It was just a very enjoyable holiday. And just, you know I hate to be argumentative, Troy, you know me, it's not my nature.

Troy: You know what, I knew it. As soon as I brought up Thanksgiving, and history, I was like Sandy's gonna have something to say about this.

Sandy: Exactly, because, you know, yes, we have a horrific history for the genocide that was committed upon the Native Americans, however, that's not what we're celebrating on Thanksgiving, and it never was. Because when our fore-whatever they were got here, it was not with the intention of committing genocide. The government may have had that intention, but the people didn't. And the natives who were already here welcomed the settlers with open arms. And Thanksgiving was created to celebrate the help that the Native Americans gave to the new settlers, who then later thanked them by killing them. So you're correct in that. But that's not the history of the holiday. We're not celebrating the genocide, we're celebrating the good things that the Native Americans did for the white settlers.

Troy: Yeah, it's just that little glitch at the end of the story...

Sandy: It's not a glitch, it's a major thing. But it's not the reason for the holiday. Nobody's, to my knowlege, ever said "Let's celebrate the horrible things we did to the Native Americans."

Troy: Well of course we don't. We don't say that about most of the holidays we celebrate that have horrible histories, like Columbus Day. But most people don't really even think about the history, and what it means. But I was just trying to point out that we celebrate the thankfulness aspect of it. But the reason I brought it up is because recently I've had a few people from other countries comment on like, how horrible it is that we celebrate it. And it really made me just sort of think about it from that perspective. And, it makes some sense that from outside of the country it would look like that. So it's nice to look at both sides of it.

Cyprus: Yeah, that's true.

Troy: So let's dive right into these clichés. And Sandy, thank you for commenting on the opening, because I knew you would.

Sandy: I tried really hard not to, Troy, but I just couldn't.

Troy: Hey, anything you have to contribute is good. I value it tremendously. So, let's get started on these cliches. I want to point out that we are talking today about NEW AGE clichés, or at least general cliches related to "the New Age", not necessarily clichés specific to The Michael Teachings, because the Michael Teachings has it's own batch of clichés and stereotypes that I want to address in another setting or another show altogether. So, we'll dedicate a whole show to those. So today we're just gonna focus on the general ones.

And what I would like to start with is, YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY. And what I'd like to do is, I have comments from Michael on all of these different phrases that we'll cover. Most of them, not all of them. But I want to ask the panel, would you prefer to have a little quick talking points among us, and then read what Michael had to say, or start with what Michael had to say?

Sandy: I think I'd like to hear what Michael has to say, and then...

Troy: OK. Cyprus, are you still there?

Cyprus: I don't really care, either way.

Troy: I love your passion.

Cyprus: I don't think that what they say will influence my opinion on what I already think about it, so...

Troy: OK, all right. So, from Michael, I just grabbed a quote that I had found about creating your own reality. I know they've had discussions about this in the past. And I think this phrase really got rooted in the New Age circles, really, stemming from Seth, and Jane Roberts. But you know, most of the Teachings find there to be validity in it. People use it in a way that, you know, across the board. So what Michael had to say was:

FROM MICHAEL: ESSENCE "creates" reality, and Personality navigates it. The Personality is highly limited in its actual "creation" of reality. Personality, though, is of the highest consideration by Essence in terms of what DECISIONS and choices Personality has made for a length of time. Essence considers these factors as the Essence does create reality.

The Personality is a sensory unit for the Physical Plane, and though Personality can fully embody and manifest Essence, it will always be Essence that actually creates the reality. This is why we encourage Essence Contact. (That's a whole other subject we'll get into another time.)The more consciously involved "you" (as Personality) are with Essence, the more influence YOU (as Personality) have on Physical Plane manifestations and experiences.

Troy: And, that's the quote that I found from Michael, but there's another one that I can't find where they define reality as not, you know, a lot of people immediately think of reality as the tangible things in our space, and the things that happen to us, but a lot of times this "you create your own reality" is actually referring to our experience of reality, not necessarily the physical things within it or the things that happen to us, but how we experience it. So, what do you guys have to say? About "You create your own reality?"

Cyprus: Obviously I agree with the second thing you were talking about, that you can't find. I think that's what impacts your day-to-day life more. And, it's sort of like a snowball effect. You can have the same experiences, I mean, we've known each other a long time, and we've lived through a lot of the same things from our, each from our own perspective. And, you don't always see it the same way. It's how you intake that information or that experience, and what you gather from it, what you take away from it, and that impact is sort of generated back out of you, and it's like a filter for seeing everything. And, if you take things in in a very negative way, where as it's being done TO me, and I can't get out of this because other people, or the man, or whoever is keeping you down, you know, that kind of thing, you're going to just snowball in that line, you know what I mean? Whereas if you take the experience in as, well, that happened, and then know that, and go from it from a different perspective, like ok maybe I learned something from this, or whatever it might be, and maybe make a different choice the next time, or whatever. I think that that concept is more applicable in your day-to-day life. I mean, I'm not saying that you shouldn't have Essence contact and creating reality in that form, but I think how it is affected is much more immediate in how you take in reality.

Troy: So you think a more accurate phrase might be "You interpret your own reality"?

Cyprus: Well, I mean, I do think that, it's a huge difference. I mean, you and I could be sitting next to each other on a train, with children being loud and playing, and one person can interpret that as irritating, and why don't their parents reel them in, and the other person could think, oh how fun it is to be a child, and... I mean, you know, it's just a simple experience, but it's all in how it's interpreted by you, individually.

Troy: Sandy, did you have more to add?

Sandy: Well, yeah, surprisingly enough, I do. You know, I agree with some of what Cyprus is saying there, but I agree with a lot of what Michael was saying there as well. And one thing that keeps coming into my mind is that I think there's a tremendous mixture going on, where bits and pieces have to fit together, and I too can't remember the exact quote, but it's from one of the Yarbro books, and Michael is talking a little bit about perception and creating reality. But he makes a comment about, at the same time, being careful for contact with walls that are really there. You know, it's not just always just what we perceive, some things are really truly there, and some things are all in our perception. And I think we have to find that middle ground. And I know that for myself personally, when things happen, just to use Cyprus' example, and I'm on that train (and boy do I miss those trains), but anyway, I'm on that train and those kids are being little hellions, and I can find myself very offended by that whole thing and think, "Why can't I just take a nice peaceful ride to get where I'm trying to go? Why do I have to be subjected to all this blah blah blah blah blah?" But then later in the day if I get a chance to meditate, that's when I'll realize, "You know what? It's not all about me." And my own perception of somebody else's behavior, even if it was horrible, I chose to create a bad day for myself. And that's where the reality creation comes in, because I could have looked at them and ignored them, or buried my nose in a book, or put my headphones on and turned the volume up louder, there are a lot of things I could have chosen to do to create a different reality.

Troy: Yeah, and that's the important part of the equation there, is that it doesn't mean that you can necessarily change everything in your reality around you, but you can change how you respond to it. And you know, I have been baffled in situations where, let's just keep with the same example, there would be kids on a train acting insane, and you're totally distracted and annoyed, and then if you were to ask somebody else, somebody else may say, "Oh, I didn't even notice." And it's the same exact reality, for simplistic sake, it's the same train car. But somebody else would not have been in a position to tune in to those elements, and we are, or somebody else might be.

Sandy: Troy, did you see in the chat room, Ann says that she can't hear you.

Troy: Oh! Can anybody hear me?

Cyprus: I can hear you.

Sandy: Well I can too, but I'm on the phone. I;m waiting for somebody else in the chat room to pipe up, but Ann says, "Can't hear Troy."

Troy: Ummmm, anybody else in the chat room who's listening, let me know if you can hear me, cuz that would be kinda silly if I can't be heard. Hmm.

Sandy: Geraldine? Hear who? Everybody hears me.

Troy: Yeah, they can hear you just fine.

Sandy: Go figure, yeah, I didn't need the phone, but apparently they're not hearing you.

Troy: Oh, that would be just silly.

Sandy: Ok, Geraldine hears everybody. You're just very faint.

Troy: Well I will speak up even louder. Hi everybody! I'll do my best. This is one of the things that I find BlogTalkRadio to be extremely compromising and that really makes it unappealing to use it because the host is the volume that gets decreased the most. It doesn't make any sense that it's set up like that. I don't understand it at all. Other people complain about it too.

Sandy: Ok, getting back to where we were.

Troy: We create our reality, so I guess I created it. No, but I think that the problem with "You create your own reality" is that when people get in situations that are really horrible, and they get into this mindset that well I must have created this, that's not actually the way it works. It's that you might have found your way into that mess, but I like what Michael has said, and I think Lazarus has said, I don't know if any other teachers have said it, but you either create reality or you allow it, and the concept of creating your reality is um...

Cyprus: Proactive.

Troy: Yes, it's an active participation in the life, through what Michael describes as, you know, on the little scale, making decisions. Your little decisions, one after the other, build up to points where you then make choices, and then those choices direct you in a, you know, move you in a certain direction. And not only do decisions lead to choices, and then choices lead to experiences, but your interpretation of those experiences also colors things. And so, you can find yourself in really bad situations, and it doesn't mean that you created it, but you might not have been paying attention on the way, and found yourself in a situation like that, but everything that's bad that's happened doesn't have to be looked at as if you created it. But you can say maybe I found my way here, now what can I do to create something different, or what can I do to get through it, or out of it. So I think that you create your own reality is intended to help a person get back into the driver's seat through their choicemaking. And be able to, you know, however restricted or horrible a situation might be, you still have a choice as to where to go next, and how to go next. At least to some degree, and then you can build on it from there. And as far as creating reality, on a metaphysical level, I think that our, if there's such a thing as a soul, that is a big part of it. And we could get into that, that's a whole other discussion, but I do think there are different levels of choices, and different levels of creation going on.

Sandy: But don't you think that those choices are, in large part, reality creation? When you make a choice how to react to something, you know, if a thing happens that maybe Essence set up, ok, that personality didn't really have anything to say much about because Essence set it up, but then how you choose to react and what you do about it is your reality creation.

Troy: Exactly. So what we were all saying is that, if you look at reality, the whole word of reality, as being more of a reference to our experience of our experiences, then there's, you know, we DO create our own reality, in that case, on a constant basis. We don't always create the car that hit us...

Sandy: Right, but we created the situation that put us where a car could hit us.

Troy: Yeah, we walked in front of the car. Or were in the wrong place at the right time. But, how we choose, you know I just always like it when um, I don't know who said it first, but I know Michael has said it, that it's not what happens TO you, but it's what you do with what happens to you that makes a world of difference. So, we could do a whole show on you create your own reality, and not just on the cliche aspect of it, but on the actual instruction part of it. I would love to do that some time.

So, let's move on to one of the more favorite ones that I hear. And it annoys me to no end when people do this, but... or when they do it in a way that I feel is cliche, and empty and unimportant, or inappropriate, but.... THINK POSITIVE. And I'll share with you what Michael has to say about it.

Wow, somebody's got some static going on.

Sandy: I think that may be me. Redial.

Troy: Is Sandy still there?

Cyprus: No, she hung up. She said she's gonna redial.

Troy: Ok, well I'll watch for her and bring her back in. Ok, so here's what Michael said about THINK POSITIVE. I'm taking this from a blog entry a while back, regarding thinking positive, and this is what Michael had to say.

MICHAEL: While we do not wish to denigrate the efforts of so many who struggle to remain "positive" in the face of negativity or challenge, we will state that this effort is often more an act of denying the truth than one of healthy progression. "Staying Positive" has become a practice in treading water, so to speak, and not one of finding solid ground. Many who fight to stay positive can attest that it is exhausting and ineffective in many ways.

What many fragments tend to forget is that everything is a spectrum; exists as a spectrum. Even our system of polarities (in the Michael Teachings) is relative within spectrums. When one tries to remain positive when one feels negative, what one does is root oneself in the very space that one wishes to move beyond, instead of embracing the spectrum of the experience in a way that allows a wholeness. As long as one emphasizes one end of a spectrum as a means to escape the other end, one is trapped.

Using positivity as a tool is not the same thing as "staying positive," however, and if one wishes to step into a broader space (positive) as a means to embrace the more restrictive ends of an experience (negative) then the efforts bear fruit and progress or healing is accomplished. For instance, when one is depressed, to fight the depression with false smiles or empty efforts to "be happy" is to secure the depression further, but to embrace the depression as a PART of who one is (at that point), rather than as a DEFINITION of who one is, one can then see beyond that current state in a way that can be key to breaking the cycle. In other words, if one can name the feeling, describe the experience, and/or define something as positive or negative, then one is greater than any of that.

Troy: So I guess that what they're saying there is that if you can identify it as part of a spectrum, you're already sort of bigger than that and encompassing it as part of a spectrum.

MICHAEL: You are a spectrum. It will never do you well to only remain positive. To embrace the spectrum of your experiences is the key to freeing yourselves from patterns and experiences you wish to move beyond. This is why we suggest the act of AWARENESS or Consciousness over "staying positive," because this effort of Awareness calls upon the greater you (Essence) in a way that knows the feeling, experience, or state is NOT a conclusion.

Our system of describing Personality and Essence is not one that pushes for positive poles, but one that is in place for you to understand where you are in the spectrum of your Being and to help you bring a consciousness to your choices. We have never told you to remain positive or to only seek to remain in the positive poles. We describe a spectrum for each Overleaf and Role because each exists as just that: a spectrum. Our system basically describes the spectrum between division and wholeness; between self-protection and trust; between fear and love; between false identity and true essence; between existing in the traps of time and space to existing in the present. The Positive Poles in our system describe Poles that ENCOMPASS the other Pole. In other words, Wholeness allows room for Division; Trust allows room for Self-Protection; Love allows room for Fear; True Essence allows room for False Identity.

If "staying positive" means allowing room for your spectrum of Being, of experiences, of feelings, of thoughts, of interpretations, etc. then the point is not lost. You are aware. You are awake. You are conscious. And you can begin to experience the reality of your greatness beyond anything within that spectrum.

Troy: So what do you think about that? If anyone can hear over the furniture-building.

Sandy: Oh, don't blame it on me, just cause you're too quiet.

Cyprus: Well there WAS a lot of racket going on. I don't know what that was. Well my thought is, one of the things I've heard Michael say before, is that it's about learning to navigate. I mean, nobody's gonna be happy all the time. Nobody is going to be positive all the time, because that's not how life is. Life is not about being happy every minute, it's about navigating all of it, the good and the bad. So, that makes sense, the navigation aspect of it.

Troy: Yeah, and understanding that just because there's a storm that day, doesn't mean the whole year... you don't have to ignore the storms in order to enjoy the year, if that makes any sense, because it's just a part of the spectrum, of like a year's time of experience. Or your experiences of the day, your experiences of a lifetime. All of those things that are negative are just a part of it.

Cyprus: And it goes back to how you look at the storm, I mean, do you look at it like it's, you know, watering the flowers so they'll grow, or do you look at it like it's an inconvenience, it's getting you wet, you know? It's perception, as well.

Sandy: Well, you know, I gotta say that I think what Michael said makes absolute, perfect, one hundred percent sense, and I have actually nothing to argue about it. However, for myself, and again I can only speak for myself, but when I use that phrase, THINK POSITIVE, it's usually because I, or somebody else, is wallowing in something negative, and so I've never meant to say or to imply that one can be positive all the time. But if you're suffering, or I'm suffering, needlessly, because all I'm looking at is that it's rained on me today, then I can remind myself to think positive, that this rain is doing some good and it's not gonna last forever, and I can look for some other positive things to get myself out of it, or to get somebody else out of it, then it just seems like a good idea. But it's not that I've ever thought that one could live in the positive.

Troy: No, but you are a good example of using it in a way that Michael's talking about. It's getting yourself to include the spectrum of experiences. And so when you use the phrase THINK POSITIVE, or stay positive, or whatever, in a way that brings you an inclusion of the positive when you're stuck in the negative, then you haven't lost the point. That's the way it's helpful for someone to use it. But if you're doing it in a way that's like, stay positive, stay positive, don't, you know, if you're feeling bad, don't feel bad, be happy. Or, if you're feeling bad, that you feel bad about feeling bad, because you shouldn't be feeling bad, you should feel happy, then you're kind of missing the point.

Sandy: Yeah, and I agree absolutely. And that's another cliche that I use a lot, is that there's no wrong way to feel. How you feel is just how you feel.

Troy: Yeah, exactly.

Sandy: And even if you're mistaken about the situation, it's still how you feel.

Troy: Yeah, exactly, at the moment. And it's a part of your emotional landscape, it's not the only thing. You're never stuck in one place.

Sandy: Troy, you've got a number of comments and things in the chat room.

Troy: Ok, um, let me see what we've got here... um... Lulu: "currently wallowing in depression"... I'm glad you put that in quotes, Lulu, because wallowing, you know, go ahead, embrace it.

Sandy: If you back up, with Lulu, a few lines earlier, she's asking a question about the poles.

Cyprus: I'm a fan of a good wallow. Sometimes it's needed.

Troy: Very apropos. If I'm understanding, regardless of which pole you're flowing from naturally needs to traverse both sides in order to understand your Goal... yeah that's true. So, in terms of the Michael Teachings, the spectrum is there to describe the range. Like let's say, Goal of Growth. Michael describes the spectrum, and yeah, one end of the spectrum is broader, more encompassing, and much more comfortable, but the negative pole isn't one that they tell you to avoid, or that you shouldn't be in. They describe it just because it's a place that you could be. And understanding where you are in that spectrum can help you to navigate. So, yeah, you're right. They describe a whole spectrum. But I don't want to get too distracted with the details of the Teachings, but that's the way it works. We'll get into this when we have our show on the Michael Teachings cliches and stereotypes that, you know, staying in the positive poles is not the ultimate goal. It's just a helpful navigational direction, but it's not something that you need to um, you know, it's important to understand those negative poles and experience them. So, let's go on to the next one, because we're really rapidly running out of time here.

Cyprus: We didn't start that late.

Troy: No, we started right on time.

Sandy: Five minutes late.

Cyprus: We started late.

Sandy: Five minutes.

Cyprus: Let's not argue about it, let's just go on. We started late.

Troy: You know, it will be one of the New Age cliches we get to in a minute, that ALL TIME IS SIMULTANEOUS. hahaha. Ok, so let's go to this one, and we'll cover this one briefly, because I don't think too many people are concerned with this one, but... YOU ARE GOD. Somebody had brought this up as a subject they wanted to have addressed in the show, so I thought I would ask Michael about it, and they said:

FROM MICHAEL:
This phrase is inaccurate and misleading, but its intent is to bring a sense of ownership and responsibility to the life, to your choices, to your experiences, the feelings, and the direction of the individual. It is not intended to override the very real reality of your being more accurately described as a PART of god. (or, you know, whatever you want to call it, part of Tao) This is why we continue to refer to each of you as "fragments," because this is an important part of the equation of evolution: recognizing your position within a context can help one to navigate much more clearly, rather than losing all sense of direction or reality by expanding beyond that which you can affect or control.

Troy: So, there you go.

Cyprus: 'Nuff said.

Sandy: There ya go, yeah.

Cyprus: I do think it can be, especially for people who have spent a lot of their time, or maybe have a lot of imprinting with religion, and leaving things up to God, and giving away the power of their own life, basically, of the creation of that. I can see how it would be an empowering thing.

Troy: Yeah, definitely.

Cyprus: It's good to say those things to upset religious people, really, that's all I use it for.

Troy: No...

Sandy: That's what I was just gonna say, Cyprus, is that's what I tend to use it for. If somebody is really beating me down with what God wants, that's usually when I will blurt out, "I am God." And then from there, you know, I, depending on who it is, I will try to get into explaining that what I mean is that I am a fragment of God, but just in shortcut to shut 'em up, that's how I tend to use that.

Cyprus: I guess I never really say that I am God, but I definitely do talk about, even to religious people, who are, well God's in everything, well then it's in each one of us as well. That would make us all an equal partner in this thing.

Troy: Oh, we better move on, we only have like ten minutes left.

Cyprus: Well, kick it in!

Troy: Whoo, kick it in! Or do I, am I right? No, oh I'm sorry, we have plenty of time. We're here til 2:30, right?

Cyprus: I don't know.

Troy: One, two thirty... oh we're doing all right. Hey!

Sandy: Well forty-three minutes remaining.

Troy: Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, ok. Everybody can take a breath. Well this YOU ARE GOD phrase, I think came into popularity with Shirley MacLaine, because there's that famous scene where she and um, oh I can't remember his name, were on the beach and he was talking to her about owning her part in creating her life, and, you know, closing the gap that religion has caused between the individual and God. And so he was saying, say I am one with God, I am one with God so you can feel closer, he says why don't you just bring it all the way and say I AM GOD. So, it was originally intended as a way to say, you know, it's recognizing the lack of, it's going beyond the illusion of our separation, to sort of comprehend that we're all connected and that there's, you know, even to spirit or to each other. But I remember putting out a newsletter at the time that that came out, and I drew like a three frame cartoon, with these stick figures standing on the beach saying "I am God, I am God", and then there's like a lightning bolt, shoots 'em dead, in the next one. But anyway. So this goes into the next one, which a lot of people say, is that WE ARE ALL ONE. And this is what Michael had to say about that.

FROM MICHAEL: This phrase is as valid as saying that an individual is part of the human race, and not just defined by his or her race. In other words, it's an attempt to rise beyond the superficial confines that many can become anchored to. However, it's important to recognize, as with the concept of "you are god," that this truth is not intended to deny the variations, the distinctions, and the validity of differences among you. In fact, many miss the ironic fact that by identifying, allowing, and embracing differences, the truth of your "oneness" becomes far more apparent and useful.

Troy: So that was their comment on WE ARE ALL ONE.

Cyprus: Well, in regard to that statement, there are brief moments that I think we all have, those really great moments in life where you feel really connected, and really one with everything, but you can't, you don't live in that space. There are moments that you have that you're doing a walking meditation down the street, or whatever the case may be where you just really feel that connectedness to everybody. But, I think that, one of the things that I do like the most about being people, and being in bodies, and whatever, is the fact that we ARE all different, we all bring something different and unique, and it makes it interesting.

Troy: I think when WE ARE ALL ONE becomes cliche is when somebody uses it to sort of whitewash our differences, and whitewash our, you know, to sort of bury our heads in the sand, our heads in the sand over the very real separation we feel on the physical plane. It's not the point to deny our separation, but to let that separation exist within the bigger picture of our oneness. In the same way that Michael was saying that just because there are all kinds of different races, doesn't mean you're not still a part of the human race. You can see both of them. They are both very valid to look at. So I think it's only cliche when it's used to say, you know, let's ignore the reality of separation and division, or let's ignore the differences in our color of our skin, and the differences in our cultures. Let's ignore that. Because that becomes it's own problem, when you do that. Again, it goes back to the whole spectrum. Sandy, did you want to chime in on this?

Sandy: Well, I pretty much agree with everything there, I mean, it just really seems self-evident. And again, it's one of those sayings, to me, that is only handy when there's too much devisiveness going on, as a reminder. You know, when somebody's saying, "I don't care what happens here, as long as it doesn't happen over here to me. Then you need to be reminded that what happens to one happens to all. But I don't think that anybody can realistically think that you can live in that place, that, oh yes I am at one with the Universe. If we were like that, we wouldn't be on this plane anymore.

Troy: Well thats a very practical, applicable way of using a phrase like that, recognizing the impact of your choices on other people. And I think that it's a positive, practical way of using that phrase, because... and it's ok if you want to use it to sort of ignore differences, but at the heart of it is exactly what you just described. To remember that all of these divisions are just, they're not the truth. They're not the truth, they are a part of it, but they're not the truth.

Sandy: Right.

Troy: So let's move on to I'M GONNA SEND YOU SOME ENERGY TODAY. I'm gonna send you some good vibes.

Sandy: Yeah, what's Michael got to say about that?

Cyprus: I don't feel them, are you really sending them?

Troy: Um, while we go into sending good vibes and good energy, I want to remind everyone that you're welcome to call into the show, the number is 646-200-0772, that is 646-200-0772. And stay on hold, make sure you turn down your speakers, and we'll bring you on the air randomly. So, sending energy or good vibes, this is what Michael had to say.

FROM MICHAEL: There is validity to this phrase to the extent that both parties are in resonance with each other, and just speaking the words can make a difference, but rarely is this phrase followed by actual impact or quality of intent. For this exchange of energy to be valid, both parties must "be on board." In other words, the sender must have a sincere sense of empathy with the receiver and the receiver must have a definite rapport with the sender. Beyond this, action is required to sustain that flow so that while merely speaking it can open channels between two people, both would require some amount of effort to truly benefit from the send/receive. In much the same way that a sender must have the email address of a recipient, and the recipient must open the email, so is the "sending of energy" between two people. The action required beyond that could be likened to the sender putting care into the wording of the email and the receiver must read the email and find resonance to what was sent. It would not be amiss to think of "sending energy" in much this same way as sending an email through your visualizations. However, most often this phrase is about as impactful as saying, "look forward to the email I am going to send you," but that email is never sent.

Sandy: Huh. Well I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that. I use that phrase a lot, and the reason that I use it is again because I'm not a religious person. And I often, in my circle away from Michael, deal with people who are asking for prayers, or offering to pray. And I'm not comfortable with saying, "Yes, I'll pray for you," because I won't. But I will indeed put some effort in, especially during meditation time, to trying to send some healing energy, to trying to send something that's gonna help you feel better, and not necessarily to give you what you want. I try to keep that in mind as well. Because, you know what they say about answered prayers, it can be the worst. But I put a lot of effort into trying to send somebody the energy to make things be for the best for them, or to help them cope through a difficult time, you know, some strength, some healing, some whatever seems to be needed. Because, and Geraldine's got it here in the chat room, as well, she says "I think most of us use it in lieu of 'I'll pray for you'." And I think that for the most part we do mean it, I don't know about other people outside of the Michael Teachings that use the phrase. But I think that most of us within the Michael Teachings do mean it, and do sincerely do it, in much the same way that most Christians mean it when they offer prayer.

Cyprus: Well I am not, I mean I can't obviously speak for other people, but I just think a lot of times that it's something that people say when something happens to somebody and they want them to know that they have support, but I think it's lip service a lot of times. I'm not saying always, and I'm not saying everybody. Because it's very respectful, Sandy, that you actually make an effort to do that, but I think a lot of times it's just lip service. The same thing, I think, as when people say they'll pray for you a lot of times it's probably lip service too. That's just my opinion.

Troy: Yeah I think that's true and I think that's what Michael was addressing the cliche aspect of it, and pointing out that if you want it to go beyond the cliche, or, like you said, the pat phrase or just lip service, that it actually does require effort, like you really have to put some effort into it. In the same way that you can say "I'm gonna send you an email," it makes a difference if you actually send an email. And it even makes more of a difference if you take time and consideration to put into the wording of the email. So, I think that's what they're describing, is that it's not just about saying it, it's about following through.

Sandy: It's about following through, sure. I mean, I think again, that that's obvious.

Troy: And both people have to be on board with it. I can't send bad vibes to a person, and hurt them, according to Michael at least. You can't really harm a person like that, unless they're resonating to it in some way.

Cyprus: Unless you have a doll, with air.

Troy: What??

Sandy: Yeah it never hurts to have a little voodoo going on. No, Troy, I'm thinking about when you were in a coma, and so many of us were focusing and meditating on trying to send you healing energy and the strength to fight off, and I just, there's a part of me that will never believe that that wasn't a large part of the reason for your miraculous recovery.

Troy: I wouldn't discredit that either.

Sandy: No, you weren't conscious of it, because you were in a coma.

Troy: Oh, I don't think you have to be conscious of it. Well, first of all, I probably was, I was aware that people were caring, I had a lot of contact with people. So that part was already taken care of, I knew that there were people who were sending good vibes, or good energy. In fact, I thanked everybody when I came out of the coma.

Sandy: Sure you did.

Troy: I was like, I think what you guys did might have helped. So, you know, who knows what really did, but I really did feel that support and felt that love. And I was open to it, I was open to any kind of support and healings. So, I think that's what Michael's talking about. Like if you have a friend who is really not interested in being helped, it doesn't matter how much you try to help. If they're turning it away or they're not interested in it or resisting it, it's only going to help them to the degree that they're willing to be helped.

Cyprus: Well it's the same thing about love, you love somebody ninety percent but they are only going to accept forty, then they only get forty percent.

Sandy: But it doesn't invalidate what you sent.

Troy: Exactly, right.

Cyprus: No, not at all.

Troy: You know, you can write a five page email and someone can only read one page of it, it doesn't mean you didn't send five pages.

Cyprus: Right, or they could just delete it without opening it.

Troy: Yup, exactly. So I think Michael says there's validity to this phrase, I think there's validity to all these phrases, it's just nice to look at it from a perspective of, what can we do to make these useful, and in this case it's to actually follow through. I think it's really that simple. Whatever that means to you, if that means sitting down and focusing for five minutes, and really embracing an image of that person in health or whatever, then that would be all that's necessary. For another person it might be actually sending an email. For another person it might be using crystals or anything that helps them focus. There has to be follow through.

Cyprus: There could be a dance involved, you never know.

Troy: Yeah there could be a dance. I wanted to jump back really fast, because Lulu said something I thought was interesting, about the WE ARE ALL ONE, she says, "This speaks to the fact that we all have specific reasons and choices for our fragmentation, and such a lovely soup we are too. Sameness or oneness would be pale in comparison." And I agree with that, I think that's an incredibly perfect analogy, the soup, or metaphor, the soup. Because all of those ingredients go in, and to ignore the differences and flavors that come together to create that soup would be ridiculously silly. But the fact that it ends up being soup combined is beautiful too. It's not just all water. Anyway, I just liked what she had to say so I had to get it in there.

Sandy: Yeah I did too. Thanks, Lulu.

Troy: And Lulu also says, "So you must be mutually conscious in your connections, but if a request has been made, it would seem that there has been a conscious connection." Yeah, yeah definitely. I would agree with that too. OK, the next one. EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AS IT IS.

Sandy: That one always makes me want to throw up.

Troy: Well that's just the way it was meant to be. So here's what Michael had to say about that.

FROM MICHAEL: Perfection is a relative term, so this phrase is an attempt to bring into comprehension a higher understanding of circumstances in the life. We have often said that Chaos is merely the lack of recognition of patterns, and Beauty is merely the recognition of patterns. Perfection is much the same. By making an effort to interpret life, situations, events, experiences, relationships in a way that creates meaning, value, and sense, one can then find the Perfection/Beauty in even the most painful, bewildering, or disappointing. Perfection is not a conclusive state; it is merely a panoramic perspective that allows for a "bigger picture."

Troy: So I think that when people use this as a cliche and say everything is perfect as it is, it's almost a resigned, delusional vision from participating in the improvement, or the betterment of reality, and just kind of dismissing all of the things that need attention, or that could benefit from your attention. So I think when it's the cliche, it's again going back to that whitewashing and burying your head in the sand thing. What do you think?

Sandy: Yeah but the reason that I hate it so much is because it's just kind of saying don't try, don't strive for improvement, don't try to grow, or learn, or do anything, because nothing that you say or do or think or feel means anything.

Troy: Yeah, it's a very resigned position to take. Now when you use it the way Michael just described it, where you say everything is perfect as it is, and from what they just said, it's basically, you can use it in a practical way to say, ok, where am I in position to things that are happening in my life. And so you're able to look around you and find meaning in what would originally look like chaos, if you take a little time to actually look into it, or have patience and wait for understanding to come, you might be able to see patterns, and being able to identify patterns is what could help bring you that sense of beauty or perfection, depending on which feels more comfortable. But when you use EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AS IT IS as a conclusive statement, then that's the cliche. When you use it as a way to say everything is perfect as it is, in terms of right now, this is the way it is and what can I do about it, that's a useful tool. Ehat do you think, Cyprus?

Cyprus: Well, I agree, I mean it's, I don't like things that are, I think it's ridiculous to not focus on, or not to have any perception of improvement, and growing, and learning, so that's the cliche aspect I do not like, because I think that there's always that, but I do relate to the fact that you did everything to put yourself right where you are right now, and, you know, it's not about being perfect, it's about it being where you are, and accepting that, and making a choice from that point, to go forward. And if you want to make a different choice, or whatever, but I wouldn't consider it perfect, I don't think that applies.

Troy: Yeah, I like their use of the word beauty, and chaos, rather than everything is perfect. Say everything is beautiful as it is. Still, I don't like that, as it is, thing.

Cyprus: Right. It's that cutoff, this is all there is.

Troy: Yeah, I like maybe the phrase, something like, "I can find the beauty around me, and make it beautifuller.

Sandy: Beautifuller? And you can create your own language.

Cyprus: You can always find the beauty around you. Or find the beauty in any situation. But that doesn't mean just because you can see beauty in a situation, that that's gotta be where you live forever.

Troy: Well, I mean, let me use it again in a really close to home example, is that, you know, everybody knows that I went to the Netherlands last year and almost died, and I followed my heart there, and everything was so beautiful, and then it just, the rug got pulled out from underneath me, and it was a horrible, horrible experience. And, on the surface, I could look at this as like a cruel joke from the Universe, and it was kind of hard for me not to see it that way for a little while. And then there's the other side of it where I could see the patterns in it, I could see that I ended up at a place, whether I made it up or not isn't the point, I don't think anybody really needs to worry about whether they're "m aking it up" or not, when they find meaning, or create meaning, in the patterns that they see, it's important that they just let it be meaningful to themselves. It doesn't necessarily have to be meaningful beyond that. But for me, it helped me make sense of the situation to see that, I think my medical care was, I got very specific, high levels of attention that I would not have been able to find, or at least I'm thinking would be very difficult to find, in a different place. And I got the highest level of care possible. And I was at such the brink of death that I think it required me to have that level of attention, for me to recover. And I think that following my heart to Amsterdam was because I think some level of me realized I was headed towards an immune collapse, and I ended up being in the right place at the right time for the highest level of care possible, and in a relationship that helped me get through long nights of torture just to get to the next morning. And if I wasn't in that relationship, with that being my focus for the next morning, I don't know if I would have made it. So I'm just saying, like, you can find the patterns in things, and it doesn't matter really whether they would ring true to anybody else, or make sense to anybody else, but now I can see the beauty in those patterns and not just see it as a cruel joke. You can wipe your tears now, everybody.

Sandy: It's important stuff, Troy.

Cyprus: I was thinking as you were telling that story, how that impacts other people, and how, I mean, face it, to have your, like for me, to have my best friend dying in another country when I have no ability to get there or be near them, or to do anything, that whole concept, for me, was... I had obviously a different experience, but it was very profound in it's own way, about having to let go and realize I can't control things, that I can't always make things better, and I can't even really be involved on a physical level. I was completely taken out of the picture, in that regard, and that's something that I've always been able to do, I've always been able to be involved on a physical level with my friends, and be able to be there and do things, and I didn't have that option. So it was, even though it was, things that you were in the right place at the right time for you, it was also very impactful to all of us, I think, in learning how to cope with a situation. I'm not sure I really worded that very well, but I seem to not be...

Sandy: I think I know what you meant.

Troy: We'll find out in the transcript from Cheryl.

Cyprus: Oh god, last time I read that I thought, holy shit, that is how I talk.

Troy: Ok, now we are closing in on time, so let's hurry up and move through these last few.

Sandy: Is nobody calling in, Troy?

Troy: Umm, no, no callers. If anybody would like to call, the number is 646-200-0772. We have a full chat room. I know that there must be somebody interested in commenting. But if you don't want to that's fine. Everything is as it should be. Lulu brought that up in the chat room, she hates that one. I do too. Everything is as it should be. That's the cliche. And that, I think, goes along with All is perfect, or is perfect as it is. It just goes into that, sort of, embracing the situation the way it is, and then... But, it doesn't mean concluding the picture the way it is. So, um, next one. LEAVE IT UP TO THE UNIVERSE. I'm gonna throw this one out to the Universe.

Cyprus: I hate that one.

Sandy: Yeah, I'm not too fond of that one, either.

Cyprus: It takes you completely out of participation in your own life.

Troy: Well let's see what Michael had to say. Here's what they said.

FROM MICHAEL: We have described this as being one of the most irresponsible statements any fragment could make. We use the word "irresponsible" here to describe the blind faith that is often a part of this phrase. To "leave it up to the universe" is to remove yourself from the navigation and intentions that are required for moving one toward that which one seeks to move. We realize that some may mean this statement as a statement of trust in a part of the unfolding of life that is often not able to be controlled, but we would encourage those who mean it in that way to actually use a phrase closer to that reality, such as "I trust I will make the choices and actions required for these intentions." Of course, you may come up with something much catchier (they said).

Troy: Um, I agree, I find it to be really dismissive about participating in the process. I mean, it's on the cliche side of things. But on the applicable side of things, I think it's just a way of sort of saying, ok, I've done all I can do, I will, you know, that's all I can do, at this point.

Cyrpus: I don't mean to sound negative, but I really think that very few people use it in that regard. I think most people use it in the aspect that, you know what, I don't know how to get out of this, I don't know what to do, I don't want to do anything, so we'll just leave it up to the Universe. I think it's much more likely to be used in that contextl, where they just don't want to participate. You know, I mean, if you want to phone in your life, then you get what you get.

Troy: And Sandy, do you have something to say?

Sandy: No.

Troy: Oh! Then that segways into IF ITS MEANT TO BE, THEN IT WILL BE.

Cyprus: That's dumb too.

Troy: If it's meant to be, it will be. And the other one is, well it must not have been meant to be. Michael says:

FROM MICHAEL: "If it's meant to be" could be more accurately phrased as, "if I decide to put the effort into it." We do not say that your efforts can guarantee results to your satisfaction, but we do say that this phrase is usually called upon as an indication that the fragment has concluded her part in the equation of a direction. In some cases, it may be true that one has done all that can be done and now it is merely a matter of patience, but even that is an active participation. More often than not, a fragment will use this phrase to substitute for efforts required.

Troy: What do you guys think of that?

Cyprus: Well, I already told you, I think that, you know, this is, and I am willing to stand up and say, I am one of the laziest people on the planet. If I can get outta doing it, chances are likely I'm gonna try. But, I never ever go to that, well if it's meant to be, you know, I never go to that place because I just think that I put the participation in that I put in, and I get out of it what I get out of it, and it's all on me. You can't just give over your responsibility for your own life, to something other than self. It does not make any sense. At all.

Troy: Yeah, I don't like that one either. Especially when it comes to relationships. Because people will get into a relationship and then say, well if it's meant to be it will be, and I'm like, well no, if you put the effort into it, then you can make it go in a direction you prefer, but if you just leave it up to the Universe or say if it's meant to be, then who's driving?

Cyprus: That's right! And, if it's in a relationship situation, you both have to put effort in. One person can be putting all kinds of effort in, and the other person can not. And then, they can only sustain it for so long. You know, maybe they can hold it together for a while longer than it would have been with no effort on either part, but, again, you gotta participate.

Sandy: There ya go.

Troy: There ya go. Well, we have a caller, so I'm gonna take the call after, I'm gonna go on to this next one, so whoever's on the line please hang in there, and we'll squeeze you in at the very end here. Now this one really hits home with the Michael Teachings, because people in, not only in the metaphysical, New Agey community, but a lot of people in the Michael Teachings say, ALL IS CHOICE. And, Michael says:

FROM MICHAEL: This is a valid statement. When we speak of "all is choice" we speak of the vertical and horizontal aspects of Choice: there are contextual choices made by your Essence/Soul (such as parents, gender, geographical, economic, genetic status), and there are choices made by your Personality within those contexts. While the Personality may not have made the choice of where to be born, into what circumstances, and into what limitations, the Personality does have complete control over the choices WITHIN those contexts. When one embraces the concept that one is not only the current Personality, but a larger consciousness that exists before and beyond this lifetime, it is rather easy to consider the life contexts as having been chosen, but when one does not comprehend this concept of a soul, then life circumstances may tend to seem imposed. We would say to those who do not find validity in the soul, that this phrase can still have practical application if one simply focuses on the horizontal aspects of Choice still being intact being a method for navigation within any given limitation or imposition within the life. One may not feel one has a choice in what happens TO a person, but what one does with what happens is still a matter of choice. In addition to this, when we make this statement, ALL IS CHOICE, we do not intend for it to be used as a defense or as a method for removing the evolving responsibility for the impact of one's choices. Stating that ALL IS CHOICE does not equate YOU ARE DONE LEARNING. We have stated before, and will state again, that you are here to learn how to choose, and to choose how to learn, and by this we mean that the more consciousness, sensitivity, and comprehension one can bring to his or her choices, the more directly one can navigate and create the life. However, if you choose to use the freedom of choice in a way that acts to alleviate you from the responsibilities of choice, that is, of course, your choice.

Cyprus: They're funny!

Troy: Ok, what do you guys think of that? ALL IS CHOICE.

Sandy: Well I think that kind of brought us full circle, back to where we started the program, and I think that that is very true. Again, you know, Essence makes choices, Personality chooses what to do about it and how to live with it, and how to maximize the experience and growth that comes with it. And that's an ongoing process. It's kind of a Duh.

Troy: Yeah, yeah.

Cyprus: That's one of the lesser of the annoying ones.

Troy: I'm gonna bring our caller onto the air. And we have a couple more cliches that we could cover but we probably won't have time for them, so maybe they'll be included in the transcript. I'll see if I can get that included. So, we're gonna take our first caller! Woo hoo!

(caller music)

Troy: Hey, it's caller time, it's caller time! Who do we have?

Caller: It's Lulu.

Troy: Lulu, hello! Welcome to Truth Love Energy Radio.

Sandy: Hi Lulu!

Lulu: Hello! I'm glad that I kind of came into the world of technology, I'm a little bit of a Luddite, so I didn't know I could use my cell phone.

Troy: Oh, you did a good job. Did you have something you wanted to say?

Lulu: Well, it's just very interesting to be able to finally connect, because I am a chatty monkey, so to be able to talk to people is a lot better than my terrible typing.

Troy: Oh, well you have, we have about three minutes before the closing of the show, did you want to throw in some comments about anything, or did you just want to say hi?

Lulu: No, I think it's that, you know, to me the whole point of all of these is that we cannot abdicate ourselves of the responsibility of choosing. Because, we are here to choose to learn, etc etc etc, but the bottom line is that we're all interconnected. And, you can't just sit back and let your life happen, and no matter how you phrase your philosophy, the fact is that you have to live. And to me that's the basic point.

Troy: Oh, that's really well put.

Cyprus: You can't phone it in.

Troy: You can't phone it in. Well, there's another way of putting it. Although I'm really happy that you were able to phone in. So, where are you calling from? I can't remember where you are.

Lulu: I'm Atlanta.

Troy: Atlanta!

Lulu: Yeah, but you know, I was in your neck of the woods for almost twelve years.

Troy: Oh! Where were you?

Lulu: Yeah. As a matter of fact I was. The last four years I was in Carroll Gardens. Actually my son's in Bushwick as we speak right now. On a visit, yeah.

Troy: Oh, wow!

Lulu: Yes, he's on a visit, so...

Troy: In the Real Bushwick, or the East Williamsburg Bushwick?

Lulu: I'm not really sure, actually.

Troy: Because we lived on the border. We called it Bushburg.

Lulu: Bushburg? yeah. Well, he was actually conceived in Williamsburg, and born at the 92nd street maternity center, 22 years ago.

Troy: Wow, wonderful. I like that area. Well, no, we didn't like it a lot, but, we left...

Cyprus: Everyone got mugged there.

Lulu: I lived in Crown Heights...

Cyprus: That's where I live!

Lulu: Yeah I lived on Eastern Parkway, 938 Eastern Parkway. Then I went back two years ago for my 50th birthday, I lived at Fourth and Smith. And I'm like, when did the West Village get here?

Troy: Oh my god, I know, I know.

Lulu: But actually I got connected to the Michael Teachings through an Australian.

Troy: Oh, is that where the Aussie comes in?

Lulu: Yeah. No, actually, it's Aussi as in Aussi, as in too. French aussi.

Troy: Oh, ok. Duh. I didn't catch that. Ok, well we gotta wrap up the show.

Lulu: Thank you, goodbye!

Troy: It's very nice talking to you, and thank you for calling in. I liked what you had to say.

Cyprus: Please call again!

Lulu: I will. I'm unemployed now, so I have Sundays off.

Troy: Perfect. Everything is as it should be!

Sandy: Think positive!

Troy: Think positive, stay positive! Bye bye. Ok guys, thank you for another really good show. That was fun. And did you have anything closing you'd like to say before I close out the show?

Cyprus: No, I finished with don't phone it in.

Troy: That was a good one. Sandy, did you have any quick phrases to leave us with?

Sandy: I don't think so, Troy, I thought it was a great show though, I enjoyed it.

Troy: I enjoyed it too. And you know why I thought that we didn't start late? Because the show didn't start til I got there.

Sandy: Well there ya go.

Troy: I'm like, oh my god, I'm on time.

Sandy: Yeah, that's why it doesn't start til you get there. But on the little thing it said time remaining, one hour and twenty five minutes.

Troy: Ahhh...

Sandy: That's why I said it was exactly five minutes late.

Troy: I see. Well, thank you guys, thank you Sandy, thank you Cyprus, and the next show, it's the first Sunday of every month, so...

Cyprus: It'll be 09!

Troy: The next show will be in 2009!

Sandy: Oh my goodness.

Troy: I know. Everybody have a great holiday, and great New Year's, and we'll see you on the other side!

Cyprus: All right, love you both!

Sandy: Bye everybody, love you guys!

Troy: Bye bye. So Thank you for tuning in to TLE RADIO! And thank you to my one little caller, thank you Lulu, and to my panel, Sandy and Cyprus! Lovely as ever!

And If you'd like to learn more about The Michael Teachings, just pop over to TruthLoveEnergy.com and check out the BASIC INTRODUCTION and go from there. There are Archived podcasts, along with CocteauBoyTV, TruthLoveEnergyTV, and my always-riveting personal blog and VLOG are also available there, if you feel a little voyeuristic.

Tune in every FIRST SUNDAY now at 1pm Eastern to participate in our LIVE CALL IN SHOW!

And so, until next time!

Remember: We are here to learn how to choose, and to choose how to learn!

Additional cliche phrases not included in the live show:

NOTHING IS WASTED
FROM MICHAEL: This describes the universal truth of Energy moving through various states and always finding a context. The experience of "time" being wasted or a life being "wasted" is a matter of personal truth and not true in any context beyond that personal interpretation. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" is a fair statement to bring some understanding to Nothing is Wasted. What you do not use from a lifetime, another might use. What you do not find value in from your life, another may find deeply meaningful from your life. Waste is a relative term and only describes the relative value of something to an individual.

NOTHING IS RANDOM
FROM MICHAEL: Though there is an element of randomness built into the fabric of the Universe, it is not random when it is on the level of the Higher Moving Center/or Buddhaic Plane, of which this very "fabric" springs. There is a predictable "force" that has yet to be capable of being measured, contained, or conceived of by science, yet. From the current perspectives available, there does appear randomness, but a "force" will eventually be recognized. The theories behind what that "force" may be, presently, is limited. The depiction of "randomness" as a theory is simply an exasperated conclusion. However, it would be inappropriate and unfair to describe the perspective from within a life as being free from randomness. From higher perspectives, probabilities can be anticipated to a much greater degree than from within the life, therefore randomness, while not ultimately true, is valid to the Personality and can be regarded as such if one chooses to do so.

THERE ARE NO MISTAKES
FROM MICHAEL: Again, this is a relative phrase to describe the potential in any experience to be found valuable. ALL experiences can be made valuable and meaningful, but many experiences can lose value and meaning under the weight of disappointments and repercussions. To explore the possibility of meaning and value in all of your experience, both expected and unexpected, fulfilling and unfulfilling, can enhance the ability to navigate and create the life immensely.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 1

• 5 years later...
On 5/18/2016 at 8:17 PM, Janet said:

FROM MICHAEL: ESSENCE "creates" reality, and Personality navigates it. The Personality is highly limited in its actual "creation" of reality. Personality, though, is of the highest consideration by Essence in terms of what DECISIONS and choices Personality has made for a length of time. Essence considers these factors as the Essence does create reality.

The Personality is a sensory unit for the Physical Plane, and though Personality can fully embody and manifest Essence, it will always be Essence that actually creates the reality. This is why we encourage Essence Contact. (That's a whole other subject we'll get into another time.)The more consciously involved "you" (as Personality) are with Essence, the more influence YOU (as Personality) have on Physical Plane manifestations and experiences.

It's really nice to read all these Michael gems again. Channeled 13 years ago!!

MICHAEL: While we do not wish to denigrate the efforts of so many who struggle to remain "positive" in the face of negativity or challenge, we will state that this effort is often more an act of denying the truth than one of healthy progression. "Staying Positive" has become a practice in treading water, so to speak, and not one of finding solid ground. Many who fight to stay positive can attest that it is exhausting and ineffective in many ways.

What many fragments tend to forget is that everything is a spectrum; exists as a spectrum. Even our system of polarities (in the Michael Teachings) is relative within spectrums. When one tries to remain positive when one feels negative, what one does is root oneself in the very space that one wishes to move beyond, instead of embracing the spectrum of the experience in a way that allows a wholeness. As long as one emphasizes one end of a spectrum as a means to escape the other end, one is trapped.

Using positivity as a tool is not the same thing as "staying positive," however, and if one wishes to step into a broader space (positive) as a means to embrace the more restrictive ends of an experience (negative) then the efforts bear fruit and progress or healing is accomplished. For instance, when one is depressed, to fight the depression with false smiles or empty efforts to "be happy" is to secure the depression further, but to embrace the depression as a PART of who one is (at that point), rather than as a DEFINITION of who one is, one can then see beyond that current state in a way that can be key to breaking the cycle. In other words, if one can name the feeling, describe the experience, and/or define something as positive or negative, then one is greater than any of that.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

FROM MICHAEL: Perfection is a relative term, so this phrase is an attempt to bring into comprehension a higher understanding of circumstances in the life. We have often said that Chaos is merely the lack of recognition of patterns, and Beauty is merely the recognition of patterns. Perfection is much the same. By making an effort to interpret life, situations, events, experiences, relationships in a way that creates meaning, value, and sense, one can then find the Perfection/Beauty in even the most painful, bewildering, or disappointing. Perfection is not a conclusive state; it is merely a panoramic perspective that allows for a "bigger picture."

And this!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

And Michael's comment on "LEAVE IT UP TO THE UNIVERSE", which sometimes I hear as someone actually meaning to say "surrender it to Essence". So it depends on the context and language.

FROM MICHAEL: We have described this as being one of the most irresponsible statements any fragment could make. We use the word "irresponsible" here to describe the blind faith that is often a part of this phrase. To "leave it up to the universe" is to remove yourself from the navigation and intentions that are required for moving one toward that which one seeks to move. We realize that some may mean this statement as a statement of trust in a part of the unfolding of life that is often not able to be controlled, but we would encourage those who mean it in that way to actually use a phrase closer to that reality, such as "I trust I will make the choices and actions required for these intentions." Of course, you may come up with something much catchier (they said).

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 1