KurtisM

ACCEPTANCE

KurtisM

*This is a summarized description using my own interpreted understandings and a mix of many quotes from Michael that can be read+studied in the source material below. Feel free to check in for updates, as more information may be gathered on this topic from newer sessions.

GOAL of ACCEPTANCE

When Acceptance is chosen, there is an effort to define the life by including everyone in it, and developing not just a tolerance, but a true acceptance of all choices made by the self and others. It is about saying YES, but meaning it with integrity+honesty (Genuinity) ; moving away from any conditions you have for one to be acceptable, or for you to accept.

In -Ingratiation, he forces false acceptance, either ingratiating himself to be falsely courteous, wanting to please, be nice, be liked, bending over backwards, altering himself on your terms to be more acceptable etc. OR he ingratiates you, expecting you to accept, to get him, to forgive, forget, get over it, and say YES even if you don’t mean it. Both are done out of fear, or routine, or even from obligation and pressure(internally or externally).

Otherwise stated, he turns to Ingratiation in face of Emptiness or Desperation, and this leaves him feeling exhausted, meaningless and powerless. It is not true acceptance.

To move from -Ingratiation to +Agape, Acceptance must +Refine, allowing himself to say NO to that which is not in harmony with him; to stand his ground. But also allowing himself to understand the same stance from others.

The more comfortably he can accept him or others saying NO to what’s unacceptable, the more unconditionally (and ironically) he can say YES to accepting more than he has.

In +Agape, he brings kindness+acceptance to when he, or you say NO- understanding the importance of clear boundaries and the extent of one’s current parameters of acceptance- and he rises beyond the pressure+obligation he expects from himself, or you to say YES.

His GENUINITY creates proof to him that unconditional love is powerful+embracing.

--------------------------
SOURCE MATERIAL:
7 Stages of Acceptance
 Member: Maureen- Agape accepts Action
Equality in Relationships- Acceptance

Understanding your OLs (Member: Luciana)- Ingratiation seeks Approval

Member: Dawn- Essence Themes
Member: Dawn- CF Report
Member: Maureen- Truth, Acceptance & Innocence

Motivation and Meaning
Growing into Overleaves
Agape through Discrimination
April 2016 Energy Report

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1

NickF
On 6/22/2016 at 6:46 PM, KurtisM said:

To move from -Ingratiation to +Agape, Acceptance must +Refine, allowing himself to say NO to that which is not in harmony with him; to stand his ground. But also allowing himself to understand the same stance from others.

I’ve noticed times I shift into Ingratiation and only later realize what happened. This gets me mad as it’s then too late. So I’m trying to carry these concepts around in my head as a reminder. I like the quoted sentence above as a guideline. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6