Seven Stages of the 5th Internal Monad

• 9 months later...
  • WARRIOR

@ClaireC Thank you! This is so clear and helpful. I am going through the 5th IM, as are people close to me, and this is exactly what has been happening to us. Two of us are going through the stages from Negative to Positive Poles, and one of us is remaining in the Negative Poles, and it is brutal to witness and relate to. I am going to share this with them in the hopes that it helps them too.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
ClaireC

@Uma You're welcome.  It really is a good guideline for going through the 5th IM successfully. It is very painful to see so many people get stuck in the negative poles at this time of life that can otherwise be such a joyous time to reap the benefits of all the efforts we've made to get here.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
Maxim [memorial profile]

[MEntity]  Collapse is not a "bad thing," but a natural thing that happens over time as a means of making room for the new, the evolved, the more natural. Entropy is a beautiful way of understanding the potential of Collapse.

[MEntity]  In fact, that is what this Stage is about.  It is an emphasis on the Higher Moving Center, and an embrace of the awe of who you are, who you have become, and there comes a sense of Transcendence, the Positive Pole.  One is now no longer confined by even the personal expectations of the self, but is free to allow the day to bring surprises about who one is, how one is, and this is allowed to be beautiful.

[MEntity]  This becomes true of others, as well. They are no longer confined by your expectations, but become beautiful in their own right, contributing to a dance of life that is all but invisible in its awesome choreography.

[MEntity]  This fragment begins to Emanate beauty, insight, joy, delight, authenticity, etc. that is represented by their embrace of who they are, without pretense or prejudice.

[MEntity]  Or apology.

Here's winkin' at you, Claire.

Love that last line.  Plus it is not just you that is transcending but you can bring others along.

I might just have an IM discussion with Michael.  I seem to sense when I am done rather than the stages which don't seem always so linear.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Evelin
1 hour ago, Maxim said:

I seem to sense when I am done rather than the stages which don't seem always so linear.

Maxim, I'm the same in this :) Never bothered figuring out the exact stages, I find it distracts me from the actual process. But looking back, I remember when I began an IM or sense when I'm about to close.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Maxim [memorial profile]
19 hours ago, ClaireC said:

It is very painful to see so many people get stuck in the negative poles at this time of life that can otherwise be such a joyous time to reap the benefits of all the efforts we've made to get here.

I'm down in my old haunt of San Rafael taking care of business for a few days--the business being to empty out a storage unit.  I got news that one of my circle of acquaintances whom I've taken as an old scholar is now depressed and anxious.  My intuition tells me he is hitting the wall on the 5th IM. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
ClaireC

@Maxim When you know someone well, you can pretty well pinpoint exactly where they are.  The thing is too that once the person does not proceed to the positive pole of any of these stages, they quickly spiral downward and often don't pull out.  Sad.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • SAD 1
  • PRIEST
Maureen

"One is now no longer confined by even the personal expectations of the self, but is free to allow the day to bring surprises about who one is, how one is, and this is allowed to be beautiful."

I like the truth of this. I swear I practically live in Flow now that I've completed my 5th IM. I never know what the day will bring. I try to either have no hard plans or plan only one thing with a deadline because nothing ever goes as planned ...and that feels more than right. I can't tell you how often I've laughed at myself, and say to my husband at the end of the day, "See what happened today ...so many surprises ...that's why I don't plan too much".  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 12
ClaireC

@Maureen Yes, isn't it fun leaving room for surprises?  I, too, avoid rigid scheduling and easily switch gears as the day unfolds.  The glory of retirement!

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 1
ClaireC
On 4/10/2017 at 3:54 AM, Maxim said:

[MEntity]  Collapse is not a "bad thing," but a natural thing that happens over time as a means of making room for the new, the evolved, the more natural. Entropy is a beautiful way of understanding the potential of Collapse.

[MEntity]  In fact, that is what this Stage is about.  It is an emphasis on the Higher Moving Center, and an embrace of the awe of who you are, who you have become, and there comes a sense of Transcendence, the Positive Pole.  One is now no longer confined by even the personal expectations of the self, but is free to allow the day to bring surprises about who one is, how one is, and this is allowed to be beautiful.

[MEntity]  This becomes true of others, as well. They are no longer confined by your expectations, but become beautiful in their own right, contributing to a dance of life that is all but invisible in its awesome choreography.

[MEntity]  This fragment begins to Emanate beauty, insight, joy, delight, authenticity, etc. that is represented by their embrace of who they are, without pretense or prejudice.

[MEntity]  Or apology.

Here's winkin' at you, Claire.

Love that last line.  Plus it is not just you that is transcending but you can bring others along.

I might just have an IM discussion with Michael.  I seem to sense when I am done rather than the stages which don't seem always so linear.

I missed this earlier, @Maxim, thank you.  And thanks for the reminder that sometimes we are able to bring others along.  I sure hope so.  

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • PRIEST
Maureen
3 hours ago, ClaireC said:

@Maureen Yes, isn't it fun leaving room for surprises?  I, too, avoid rigid scheduling and easily switch gears as the day unfolds.  The glory of retirement!

Isn't that why they call the 5th IM "The Senior Citizen's" Monad.  :misdoubt:  I have a hard enough time with reality most days ...I can't imagine doing this IM if I was full blown in a career, family, etc., and had no time, literally, for my self. No wonder we reach and embody transcendence at the end ...and beyond.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • 3 years later...
Jody Bower

.I can't imagine doing this IM if I was full blown in a career, family, etc., and had no time, literally, for my self.

I'm going through it while being a caretaker to my 96-year-old father. I dream of just taking off in a small RV for parts unknown.

• LIKE/LOVE 4