Leela Corman

Thank you Troy and Michael! I love these so much.

I find this one particularly interesting, because I feel *EXACTLY* opposite right now. My fog and sadness finally lifted - I spent mid-April to early June feeling horrible, twitchy, and dare I say it, even depressed. But around my birthday, that stopped, and in the past week or two I've been happier than ever. It's all very personal to my own life; my relationships with people I care about feel clear, I just sold a book, I nailed every deadline and lined up teaching work for next year, my body feels strong. My worries about the world remain unchanged. But like I said, with regard to my own life, I feel great. My version of the energy drain they mentioned seems to have taken the form of a happy celebration of slowing down after having a lot of deadlines to crush.

Just, no greater war. No no no.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
Heidi

Here's to 2017 not being as shitty a year as this one. That's my 'levity' speaking. :)

Thanks, as always, for the Energy Reports, Troy and Michael!

• LIKE/LOVE 15
DanielaS
1 hour ago, Troy said:

Denigration is countering and questioning and challenging for the sake of defending one’s perspective, not for expanding or evolving in one’s perspective. Denigration seeks to undermine, devalue, belittle, and destroy that which is questioned, rather than listen to answers or see the truth.

Hmm, like what Bernie-or-Busters are doing with Hillary. And this "suicide" will bring us Donald Trump.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • PRIEST
Maureen

May be wishful thinking but I hope the shift this month (...this year) is as easy as "inserting a joke". Here's some "Cynical" levity.   :AOK: 

oooooom_cows.jpg

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 21
KurtisM

I can attest to the foggy feeling. Yesterday I made a commitment to try and improve upon my bad habits.

And I did! But the good feelings didn't last long so I tried to slow myself down.

I want to keep at it while I'm camping this month. I wish I had more tips than what Michael says here.

I do want to stay positive, not bored and relentless.

I slide to Cynicism very often. I could talk all about that.

Also. Jesus, war again? I'm convinced Trump is the suicide cascader now.

But really, do a large % of americans think that not voting for a president, or defaulting to Trump because they don't like Hilary, is really going to lead to a positive momentum?

Maybe after around 20 years, but at least Hilary won't destroy us all.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
NatalieP

I resonate with this: "July begins with Cynic in the Negative Pole. This appears to be showing up as our students feeling a concerted effort to “stay positive,” to keep their vision intact, their ideals upheld, their sense of progress and joy sustained. "

Although for me it has begun a little earlier, I feel that this negative cynicism targets my self confidence/worth issues and contributes to me forgetting who I am and what I stand for. To the point that my motivation and desire to do things is low, thus contributing to a negative cycle of no progress. Though I have a lot of help from my partner to push forward in ways that bring me joy, it's definitely been a struggle.

Great report with good advice, thanks Troy and Michael!

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
4 hours ago, Leela Corman said:

Thank you Troy and Michael! I love these so much.

I find this one particularly interesting, because I feel *EXACTLY* opposite right now.

@Leela CormanI was thinking as I read this that it may not be the opposite, after all. If you read last month's report, Michael talked about this move into optimism, so that would describe your past couple of weeks or so. And then this month starts off with an emphasis on staying positive, keeping our spirits up, and so on. I think this may come easier for some than for others, but it sounds like you might be right there with all of that. The rest of the report is about the bulk of July, not the past few weeks, so let's keep those spirits up!

• LIKE/LOVE 9
MichaelS

Thank you Troy.

Time to insert some more levity. I was marking a 9 year old's English Reading Paper today.

Question: What phrases or words can you find in the text, to suggest that the octopus can be determined?

Answer: It doesn't have a backbone.  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Juni

I nearly shut down both of my groups that I moderate because two flame wars started in each of them and people just would *not* let it go. When I finally had to remove someone who unambiguously broke the rules, I then got lots of grumbling about not removing someone else who people were mad at but who followed the guidelines. And the people who were rule breaking were unrepentant and bonding over vilifying this other person. It was not good.

Lots of entrenchment and othering going on. I finally wrote a huge admin post and there seems to be some useful dialogue finally, but it took ages. Also, the malcontents who were piling on in the other post with "omg this is so awful ugggggh" have nothing at all to say to the admin post addressing their concerns.

It took a LOT of effort to decide to try to salvage things rather than give in to Phobia and Denigration and just pack it all in. Internet group demolition was definitely on the table. The temptation to just delete and walk away and block was overwhelming. Part of me is still not sure I've made the right decision, but I'm trying for inclusiveness and embracing other viewpoints.

Edited by Juni
clarity and grammar
  • LIKE/LOVE 14
Eric

This year has turned into a rough one, and the past two to three months have felt especially grueling. I've felt emotionally on edge frequently for little reason, and it seems like all the little insecurities and self-deprecation voices have been poked, prodded, and bubbled to the surface. This has especially been true regarding relations with others.

Then there's also the nagging thought that I should be elsewhere and that I'm wasting my time where I am. I actually had a night a few weeks back where I woke up to what seemed like the closest thing to I've felt to really deep depression, with the thought of "why am I even here?" It's like there's this undercurrent of irritation and even anger that has been simmering, but it makes no sense as I really don't have anything to be angry or depressed about really.

And then the world just seems to be lurching toward its own hot mess. Yeah, it's been rough, though all I can think of at this point is "the only way out is through."

• LIKE/LOVE 9
DianeHB

7 hours ago, Eric said:

This year has turned into a rough one, and the past two to three months have felt especially grueling. I've felt emotionally on edge frequently for little reason, and it seems like all the little insecurities and self-deprecation voices have been poked, prodded, and bubbled to the surface. This has especially been true regarding relations with others.

Then there's also the nagging thought that I should be elsewhere and that I'm wasting my time where I am. I actually had a night a few weeks back where I woke up to what seemed like the closest thing to I've felt to really deep depression, with the thought of "why am I even here?" It's like there's this undercurrent of irritation and even anger that has been simmering, but it makes no sense as I really don't have anything to be angry or depressed about really.

Sounds like a turning point, Eric. You just described the 2-3 months I had leading up to my turning point.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
ckaricai

HELPFUL THOUGHTS OVER JULY:

STEER THE SHIP, DO NOT SINK IT - When faced with the difficult terrain of disappointment and disillusionment and/or despair, it is always of greater health and benefit to navigate this terrain rather than to avoid it or self-destruct.

THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS (but you will not) - This phrase is a universal truth. The best and the worst of any experience, life, relationship, etc. will change, evolve, grow, and sometimes this may be excruciatingly or blissfully slow, but all of it will pass. But you will not. We point this out because it is important to know so you can make more of a difference during the difficult, and cherish with gratitude the moments of joy. It is important to participate because no matter how much changes, how much of life comes and goes, and how much it hurts or pleases you, YOU are at the center of it all, and what you do, how you participate, how you navigate, what you choose, what you do matters.

This is very much in my mind today after hearing about the two police shootings in Baton Rouge and Minnesota, within days of each other. I don't have the energy for anger this time. I'm feeling more like sadness and resignation, because I know it will happen again. So I thought it might be better to figure out how to begin to heal somehow than to just wallow in sadness. So I will cherish the joyful moments and maybe I will go to the protest being held tonight. I used to think protests were kind of pointless but now I think they are a good way for people to express their emotions. They aren't wallowing in sad feelings they are experiencing their emotions as a way to move thru them. I'm still on the fence about it because I hate crowds but it might be worth it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 12
Eric
10 hours ago, DianeHB said:

Sounds like a turning point, Eric. You just described the 2-3 months I had leading up to my turning point.

Lol, oh fine. Though that's not terribly surprising. Can't I just evolve by lying on a beach with a margarita? :P

• LIKE/LOVE 10
Leela Corman

Re-reading this in light of the past week in the US, and the whole Brexit thing, is interesting. As in, my head hurts like a motherfucker now. And I am so heartbroken for the US, I don't know how we will ever break this cycle unless we face the fact that these killings and the system that supports and causes them are the extension of the slave state. Too many wounds are being denied here.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
On 7/7/2016 at 8:05 PM, Eric said:

Lol, oh fine. Though that's not terribly surprising. Can't I just evolve by lying on a beach with a margarita? :P

You and me both, Eric. You and me both.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
London_Kerr

I don't understand any of this :S How do these things affect us? Is it like astrology or what? And am I supposed to believe we all get affected by the same things? And what are those things? Energies?

Nadine
3 hours ago, London_Kerr said:

I don't understand any of this :S How do these things affect us? Is it like astrology or what? And am I supposed to believe we all get affected by the same things? And what are those things? Energies?

Well, one of the main points of this teachings is to not believe in anything just because someone told you to, but to validate. You might want to re-read the Energy Report of last month and see if it had any resonance or validity for you or if you can see the described energies playing out on a personal, national or world-wide level.

For example, the last days have been quite a drag for me, I've been feeling tired, foggy brained, depressed - so I can validate the Energy Shift described in the Report.

Here is a "Michael Speaks"-transcipt that might be a helpful read for you.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
London_Kerr
24 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Well, one of the main points of this teachings is to not believe in anything just because someone told you to, but to validate. You might want to re-read the Energy Report of last month and see if it had any resonance or validity for you or if you can see the described energies playing out on a personal, national or world-wide level.

For example, the last days have been quite a drag for me, I've been feeling tired, foggy brained, depressed - so I can validate the Energy Shift described in the Report.

Here is a "Michael Speaks"-transcipt that might be a helpful read for you.

Thank you, I will read this many times and hopefully it will begin to make sense :)

• LIKE/LOVE 3
DanielaS
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:09 AM, Bobby said:

Interesting Diverrgence at the end of the month.  I greedily say "better them than us"  :o

Yes, July 29 in the US is the conclusion of two weeks of political conventions-- Republican next week (at the beginning of the Energy Surge) and then the Democratic.  I am interested to see what the mood/energy will be like in the US on the other side of these next two weeks of rhetoric and political theater.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • WARRIOR
Bobby
1 hour ago, Joe said:

Perhaps or not, an update on the "Infinite" Soul, for the next E.R. (Energy Report)? Any who, back to pounding away on cheap malt liquor.

Joe, actually Tristan asked about that in the POF yesterday.  I'll let him post it though when he's ready.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Sorting dreams lately are one of the ways I know a Nexus is in progress for me.  Right on time, I had another sorting/cleaning dream last night. This time it was featuring a giant closet and there were a bunch of people who were also helping sort things. It was an oddly festive atmosphere, like a party was also in progress.
The closet was full of random stuff and there was so much I just grabbed an armful to try to clear a spot on the closet floor. A pair of army fatigue pants and some matching shoes kept surfacing. They seemed important and imbued with nostalgic meaning, like some sort of relic or memento mori for someone,  so I took the pants, folded them carefully, placed the shoes on top and put them at the top of the closet shelf, out of the way.
Early in the dream, I saw someone from my high school who is kind of a jackass and he came up and was being really friendly and I was like, "what are you doing here?" also thinking, " I don't want to deal with you, but I'll be polite."
He said something about having been thinking things through lately and realizing he wanted to be here instead or words to that effect. So I said, 'OK, well, I'm doing this so let's get started."
He was kind of an ass to me in school, but not overtly bullying. I heard later he'd become a super right wing bigot, so it was a surprise to see him being friendly in my dream. I've not thought of him for years.

The sorting is par for the course, but I couldn't make head or tail of the military garb, until I remembered this upcoming nexus and the war theme. Looks like I've chosen to literally "shelve" that option!

• LIKE/LOVE 4