The Urantia Book

• ARTISAN
Janet

This was originally posted by Tristan as part of a private transcript on March 24, 2012

Question: I have a book called "The Urantia book". Is it a reliable source? Who wrote it? Is the section on Jesus' life accurate ? (I asked about the Jesus section because the writing style really changed for that section)

MEntity

This is essentially causal-plane knowledge coming through a group of people who have filtered it heavily through their own religious background and upbringings. That does not of course take away anything from the validity of the information, but awareness of the heavy religious filtering may be useful in the processing of it. There are no "authors" per se, as this is essentially a channeled work.

We would say that as such the information contained within it about the life of Jesus is accurate to a degree that it did not conflict too seriously with the religious expectations of those channeling the information. You can see more truths in between the lines, so to speak.

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • ARTISAN
Janet

I had to pull this segment from a saved transcript and post it because I have started reading The Urantia Book. 

At our Colorado Michael group get-together over the weekend, someone asked about this book but only one person had read it. I remembered that it had been mentioned in a session and managed to find the exchange. I've been on the lookout for new reading material, and this is one humongous book (2000+ pages!) that will take at least the rest of the summer to read. Worth the $3.49 I spent for the Kindle version. 

Since I've been forewarned by Michael that it is heavily filtered, I find that I am able to skim past the more skull-crushing parts to find material that corresponds with what Michael teaches, which I would expect from a causal source.

It makes me wonder how much Michael knows about the universe that we usually never hear about. If you ask, they'll tell you more -- see my session in the Fringe group on PODS (you may need to be a member of the Fringe group to access this) -- but you have to be prepared to have your mind blown. I may need to follow up with a Urantia-themed session at some point.  

I think it's important for validating Michael to compare the material to other channeled causal sources: e.g., Seth (via Jane Roberts), Germane (via Lyssa Royal), and now the source of this book. Would be interesting to find out the connection of this causal entity to Michael. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Wow, Janet!   Thanks for sharing this information.  I read some of the Urantia Book years ago, but don't remember much about it - except for the fact that it seemed very "religious" - if that is a fair term to use - in that it felt somewhat dogmatic to me.   I may be confusing he Urantia Book with something else - but I think I should go and look it up.   Thank you for the tip!    

I have also reach a couple of the Seth / Jane Roberts books - which were enlightening, but felt "less accessible" to me than Michael materials.   I've not heard of Germane / Lyssa Royal - so I will probably also give those a look.

Thanks for sharing this info!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • 11 months later...
Jean Hamill

@ Janet ,  I read the Urantia Book years ago, well not word for word, for as you say its huge.  Quite intrigued I asked a question of Michael about it, however it wasn't channelled through Troy.  Would you like to read it, it is quite lengthy,  maybe A4 length.   Jean

• LIKE/LOVE 1
John Roth

I had a copy many years ago. Most of it seemed to be gibberish, frankly, which may reflect as much about me at that time as about the content. I found it most useful in propping up the computer monitor on my desk.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 5
PPLD
2 hours ago, John Roth said:

I had a copy many years ago. Most of it seemed to be gibberish, frankly, which may reflect as much about me at that time as about the content. I found it most useful in propping up the computer monitor on my desk.

I downloaded it some time ago and honestly - even my inherent curiosity about weird and odd shit, could get me through many pages... Maybe I'll give it another try at some point.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 3
Sam K

I read some of this book many years ago, not too long after I had my first bout of "waking up."  I honestly don't remember much of what I read specifically, but I do remember being rather positively disposed to it in general.  As for trusting it, I can't really comment on that; my approach to spirituality is more about building connections and finding what resonates than developing a set idea of Truth.  I consider myself a Christian on a foundational level, but I've picked up aspects of my belief from the Bhagavad Gita, Theosophy, Buddhist sutras, the Quran, the Torah, the Talmud, Khalil Gibran, Rumi, the Urantia Book (I'm assuming it influenced my beliefs in some manner I no longer remember), and of course MT, among others.

Point being, my philosophy: keep what resonates, discard the rest.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
PPLD

@Sam K I just have to say this: I think you are the first person I know almost in person, who consider themselves a Christian!

I live in a country where when someone say they are Christian, you think it's the given name they are talking about (like Christian III of Denmark christian...). And when it shows that it wasn't the name, everything gets very awkward and people start talking about weather or work or hiking...

Have been thinking about it since I read your blog.

It's absolutely fascinating and exotic to me! I hope you dont mind..! ?

• LOL 2
Sam K

@PPLD Haha, of course not!  Though I can't say I've heard that before; Texas, you know. :p

I've had one Swedish friend in real life, and we talked a bit about religion once or twice.  I wouldn't go so far as to say it was awkward or tense, but it was pretty obvious she was out of her comfort zone.  I find it fascinating how many European countries, which have kept church and state connected until relatively recently, have ended up being so much more strongly secular than the U.S., which tried to keep them separate from the start.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • 3 months later...
Cheryl Varner

I have the Urantia book and tried to read it some years ago, but found the sections on race too negative to proceed further.

Cheryl

old 4 scholar cast warrior

• 5 months later...
ifihadwings

I read the Urantia book years ago, put it down, picked it up again and re-read the whole thing. It seemed very hierarchical and dogmatic but was fascinating. You sort of have to suspend judgment when reading this, and if it helps, try to think about it as if you were reading some very interesting sci-fi. One thing I remember in the section about Jesus' life is that all indications of his having lived in on this planet have been removed. No 'piece of the true cross', no signs, no indication of actual residence are available for scrutiny other than the Shroud of Turin (which Michael says is authentic). The higher realms and 'heavenly hierarchy' read like a giant corporation organization chart. I still get their literature in the mail. For some reason I am reminded of a type of old/mature soul, smarter Jehovah's Witnesses.

• LIKE/LOVE 1