Philanthropic Karma... Who owes who?

Heidi
Go to solution Solved by Kasia,

Question

Heidi

I hope this is an appropriate spot to post this.

I have a question and I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light. 

Years ago, Michael said this about my brother and I:
"<MEntity> The Warrior chose his parents as a means to balance Karma with the Server, and to balance Karma with you.  The Karma with the Server appears to have been addressed, but the Karma between you and he does not appear to have manifested.  It appears to philanthropic and still waiting for the best opportunity for impact.
[18:56] <Heidi> oh wow...is it I that "owe" or him?
01[18:56] <MEntity> The Karma appears to be in your favor.
01[18:56] <MEntity> So to speak. "

When Michael said that the Karma appears to be 'in my favor,' I assumed they meant it was my brother who "owed" me.

However, I have been having a hard time validating this. To make a long story short, I have always felt this intangible need to help him somehow. And shortly after

that session with Michael, he was laid off from his job and has since suffered financially and mentally. There's a big dream he's always wanted to fulfill and I just may be in a position in the near future where I can help

him fulfill it. Beyond that, he has found his life at a major crossroads this year (Turning Point?) so I can imagine this being an opportunity for impact, like Michael said.

Could Michael's play on words actually have meant that it is I that owe, since repaying Philanthropic Karma could be a 'favorable' experience to the one repaying?

I've just always wondered about this, and I have asked here before. Everyone said that it sounded like he owes me, but I'm still not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Heidi
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

9 answers to this question

• Solution
Kasia

Hey Heidi, I think your instinct is right on this, and you "owe" him. Here's my reasoning. Karma is what's already happened, and since this is philanthropic karma and it "appears to be in your favor," then I understand that to mean that at some point in the past, the balance tipped over to you, meaning the philanthropic karma benefitted you. Had it been the opposite, I don't think Michael would have used the "in your favor" comment, since it would have been you doing the favor, not receiving it. So now, to balance things out, it's your turn to do the favor. The fact that you feel the need to just validates that, in my opinion, since Karma tends to seek out its own balance. Hope that's helped!

Edited by Kasia
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
MichaelS

Great question, Heidi. Like you, I can see the ribbon potentially 'burning from either end'.

A few years ago, BT (Before Troy) I had a profile from Emily Baumbach. I had fun in validating it but certain things resonated and have subsequently been validated. Anyway...Emily gave me a list as long as my arm about what she termed 'learning about Karma' and there are a few interesting things. 

This is is an extract:

True Work / Life Task:     Dealing with (and learning about) karmas with
your father and mother, authority figures, the government, big business,
fame, worldly power, public reputation, status.  Furthering your ambitions,
getting promotions, getting support from well-known powerful people and
authority figures, learning how to make a good impression in the world.
This comes from your North Node in the 10th House.

I can validate Karma with Mum (now sadly passed) and Dad and the ambition and 'getting promotions' part happened, too. I think I may have had the odd brush with authority figures along the way (ahem...cough ?) but the other stuff is well left of field. If it's valid (I don't know, of course!) I hope that the ribbon burns from the other end!! 

Thanks for sharing and I can empathise with you. We both have questions for Michael.

Edited by MikeS
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
Heidi

Thank you both for your input!

@KasiaI never looked at it that way (how the Karma has already occurred). The way you put it makes a lot of sense! 

@MikeS Wow, what a Life Task she gave you! That IS a lot of detail. If anyone knows about Karma, you must be the go-to guy! 

Interestingly enough, about a month ago I had a dream that, unlike most of my dreams, seemed very much like a past life memory and may have been about about the Karma between my brother and I. It involved a Spanish-speaking farmer and a homeless boy who would sleep under his barn at night. One morning the farmer saw the boy had been sleeping there, and the boy--scared--ran from him. The farmer felt bad for the boy and followed him to what appeared to be an orphanage where the children seemed to be neglected. He found the boy and offered to let him come live with him for as long as he liked and give him a proper education. The dream was much more detailed and elaborate than that, but it ended in the scared boy accepting his help and an emotional hug. I woke up crying from it. It was as if I was experiencing both perspectives of the well-to-do farmer and the homeless boy. Now, my brother is in a similar situation (near homeless) and I have this overwhelming desire to help him get back on his feet again/feel some confidence in his direction in life. I hope I am able to do that for him.

Thank you both. I think I may have my answer. :)

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy

What @Kasiasaid. I think Michael's wording was a bit wonky, but now that I think about it, what other wording could have left all of the validation in your hands. Michael has spoken repeatedly about not interfering with Karma, so I wonder if this was their way of answering as a teaching, not as a conclusion. I love that you dug below the surface.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Connor

I don't know, Michael's phrasing strikes me as describing a debt owed TO you - as in, your brother owes you some philanthropy.

Your need to help your brother may simply be due to your (presumably) caring about him and his situation. Like a 'normal person'. He is your brother, after all.

If this need of yours were karmic, I would imagine it would feel as if you had no other choice. There would be a charged intensity to this need, such that you might not even understand why you are moving mountain ranges in your efforts to help.

The karmic balancing would have been planned before birth, but as we know once the life gets started and personal choice kicks in, it's anyone's guess which way the life will swing. So that philanthropic karma will remain dormant until circumstance arranges itself in such a way that the debt can be repaid, and at this time it seems that alignment of circumstance has yet to arrive.

Furthermore, it could also be possible that your helping of your brother now, by your own free choice, will ultimately help put him in a position to be able to repay his debt to you. In fact, as a result of this help, he would likely feel far more of a 'pull' to make it up to you somehow.

I know am presuming much, here, as I do not know your brother or your relationship with him, but I think your initial gut feeling in terms of interpreting Michael was right.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
MichaelS

@HeidiWhat a lovely dream! I seem to have cornered the market in grim dreams, recently. I think your dream is about your bro. Especially as you experienced it from 'both sides'. I dreamed of a murder recently and I dreamed it vividly from 'both sides'; the victim (little girl) and some scary fucking psycho. Strangely, I felt some sort of empathy with the psycho-killer, which got me thinking it may be a past life of mine? Hopefully, I'll escape a brutal slaughter this life but I always have my cricket bat to hand. It's my willow insurance policy.  Just joking. :)

I think that Emily's 'Karmic shopping list' for me, contained some accuracy. My mum and dad, my addiction to promotion and the pursuit of management responsibility (power?). Done all that. I'm 60 now, so the sands of time may stand between me and some of those rather daunting themes. It's fair to assume I'd have encountered 'big themes' like those, by now. Which, suits me fine! Like you, I have another question for our Causal Expert. 

Edited by MikeS
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
Kasia
2 hours ago, Troy said:

I think Michael's wording was a bit wonky, but now that I think about it, what other wording could have left all of the validation in your hands. Michael has spoken repeatedly about not interfering with Karma, so I wonder if this was their way of answering as a teaching, not as a conclusion.

I had this same thought. Initially I found that that's a strange way of answering the question, because they just as well could have said "Yes, you owe him" in direct response, but they didn't. And then the lightbulb moment that they must have done this on purpose. I can see now how that ensures they don't interfere with the Karma, too. It was a masterful move to allow self-validation. Thanks for pointing that out Troy. 

And @Heidi, that sounds like a remarkable dream!

• LIKE/LOVE 8
Heidi
7 hours ago, Connor said:

Furthermore, it could also be possible that your helping of your brother now, by your own free choice, will ultimately help put him in a position to be able to repay his debt to you.

@Connor Thanks for your input. You bring up good points. ..and that thought has also crossed my mind. However, I'm still leaning toward it being me that owes him. That was actually my first gut instinct when they mentioned our Karma. I was sort of surprised to think that he owed me, but that is what I first assumed Michael meant. Also, that dream I posted in an earlier comment along with our current life-circumstances may support this idea. I think I will set up a session with Michael and ask them about that dream and see if I can validate this once and for all. It's been bugging me for years.

@Troy Yes, I wonder if their wording was used not to interfere as well. In that same session they also remarked on Karma between my father and I but said, " We seem to have some details blocked on this matter. Often when Karma is involved, that is the case."

@MikeSThat dream gave me the chills. If you ever get a chance, it might be worth asking Michael about it. I'd love to hear what they had to say!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Mike S--

Just saw this discussion.  You know, I think that "list" for your Life Task/True Work is a typical description of the 10th House territory, astrologically.  I don't know Emily Brombach's way of channeling Michael, but to me it just read like something from a general astrological reading (is your Saturn in the 10th House?).

If that were the case, then the long list is just an elaboration of the general territory referred to and you would not expect to have every single detail on the list activate, but find that that "life territory" is sensitive for you.

Just my thoughts.

Nan

• LIKE/LOVE 3