Balancing essence with one's complimentary role

NicholasV

Following this website and the michael teachings as a whole, I understand that the roles tend to eventually merge with the positive points of the opposite role on the same axis throughout lots of lifetimes. My question is, do many "older souls" seek out this merging with the opposite role? I can see how in my life I have a choice to either try to be as much of my own role as possible ( i.e. try to be the best "priest" as I can) or to alternatively focus on incorporating more server-type experiences and behaviours into my life. 

How do the older souls here address this question?  Do you actively seek to be more like your complimentary role, or do you follow your own role and learn from the lessons life presents you in that way? It's probably not as much of a black-and-white question as I present it here, but it is a kind of decision/feeling that I encounter on a fairly regular basis.

I appreciate your responses!!

Thanks.

Edited by NicholasV
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
NickG

I was just thinking about this the other that actually. In my experience as a Sage, I feel as if many of my other lives were focused scientifically but for me now I'm way more interested in art, movies, stories and things like that. The older I get the more I feel like I have to and want to act more like an artisan. It seems to me to be a fun role but oftentimes frustrating as I get his need to create now that I never did when I was younger. Doesn't matter what it is but I get this build up of energy that needs to be released and is only released if I write or if I just make something. Learning to appreciate beauty more as well. Brings some spice to life.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
AnnaD

Well, I am a Scholar and Scholar is the only one on the Neutral axis, and I guess, mathematically, Warriors as a number 3, added to a Scholar number 4, goes together pretty well. But in truth there is nothing Warrior about me, and besides "Just Do It", nothing really grabs me about aspiring to be a Warrior, for now. 

The other role often paired with Scholar as a number 4, is Priest as a number 6, adding up to 10, which supposedly means something in Michael Math, but Scholar does absorb Priest intensity pretty easily. I tend toward Priesty Imposteriness over Warrior Imposteriness. 

I also share NickG's thing of "having" to create. I get very frustrated if I cannot make something/experiment in the kitchen, or in the garden, or decorate. More often than not, I slide to Artisaniness. 

Scholars have nowhere to slide to in particular, but these are my preferences. Priest and Artisan.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
KurtisM

As an Artisan I often feel like I'm taking on Sage facets.

At times I can orate my theories, assumptions and defenses, for instance, and silence myself when I seem to over step boundaries(fault of Arrogance).

But there's also the fact I have a growing appreciation for the wisdom I gain from experience, and for freeing my expression to just be playful and play with others.

Simple things are becoming more and more meaningful too for me.

I've read older artisans want to leave a legacy from their life, and I agree with that.

I'd love if people looked at my life and choices and what I've created in my life while and after I've died in ways that bring light to parts of their own lives they have maybe suppressed or hid or overlooked.

And I feel they might if I keep on working at refining my choices. I have a deep desire for sharing and communication too.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
NicholasV

The more I play around with this, the more I like the feeling of being a bitter-sweet chocolate mix of prideful priest and humble server. It feels like taking high voltage shocks of electricity and plugging into a simple earthen clay vessel and just enjoying what occurs from that. High but very low. Inert yet brimming with vitality and and openness. It's a cool thing to play with.

Edited by NicholasV
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • 1 month later...
Rosario

Hey Nicholas, I'm a Priest too. I remember a day when I was 9 or 10 years old...I was feeling really down, with primary school workload, strict teachers, etc... and I remember hearing something like: "Do things for others, as you are the same as them. When you give love to those who need it, you're giving love to yourself as well" That was a wonderful re-remembering for me at the time. 

Over the years, I think I've acttracted to my life and learned from many Servers. For example, my grandma is the quinteessential Server, always giving :-)  Also, Gandhi is a server-cast Priest, and in his autobiography you can see the dynamic between the two Roles.

Edited by Rosario
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
NicholasV

I'm a scholar cast priest so I can slide to the feeling for the different roles pretty easy. I think I'm getting the knack for the server type of awareness and I find it to be very grounding and relaxing. It's definitely a way of balancing those high energy inspirational peaks that can come with being a priest. I can be in a situation and just be present with a low-level server type receptivity and I find that can be a very effective way of engaging with life.

If I were to use a very priestly approach in any given situation I might find myself turning to "detachment" from something occurring or I might try to seek a higher perspective on things. Now I feel like I can choose to act in that way, but I might also act with a humble server attitude and that can just be nice. 

Its strange how there is this seeming structure in life with people having different roles. Before reading the Michael teachings I would never have thought of people coming from these different essences, but it seems like it's a solid thing of its own.