Maxim [memorial profile]

Leaving before the Rains Come

Maxim [memorial profile]

I enjoyed Alexandra Fullers eloquent prose in her memoir that has her get married and leave her African home and come to Wyoming where she has three kids.  She is deft at tying stories from the past to the overall narrative.  I would say it is all and all an old soul moving through the 4th IM.  Her parents sound old soul as well... her father introduced himself to his future wife as Tim Fuller without fixed abode and had an unattached gusto and philosophy for living.  At one point she sounds like a Michael student talking about manifesting her soul... elsewhere it is implied through what she writes.

The NY Times review: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/03/books/alexandra-fullers-leaving-before-the-rains-come.html?_r=0

• LIKE/LOVE 8

NickF

Reading the NY review from the link you posted has makes me want to read this book. Perhaps I will now, thanks. I was moved by the quotes from her book too, as a young girl in Africa and later on. She has a captivating way of describing  her many life experiences. Also see what you mean, and agree, about her being an old soul.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Maxim [memorial profile]

@NickF Interestingly, her parents when she grew up in Rhodesia were for keeping it white minority ruled before it became Zimbabwe.  I still think they are old souls.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

NickF

Finally downloaded this book you recommended. A good read so far. 

Edited by NickF