Troy

UPDATE: Troy is Still Alive

Antinius

That sucks, Troy. Did they let you keep the video?

I had a similar problem with my shoulder but I finally trained myself not to sleep with my head on my arm extended upward and the pain went away after a month or two.

Glad the worst of whatever you're experiencing appears to have passed. You seem to get more than your fair share.

Edited by Antinius
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

AnnaD

Troy I am glad and relieved that you are recovering after the complication with having what sounds like an allergic reaction to an anaesthetic drug. Trailing on from what Leela mentioned, it is quite possible to introduce infectious microorganisms from your mouth (contaminated orifice) to your trachea and lungs beyond, via endotracheal intubation. That very possible to introduce infection carrying your own microorgs from mouth to trachea....  It sounds like an ordeal, having two complications from trying to maintain your airway during ?possible anaphylaxis from bronchodilation...

It is impossible to know prior to any drug being taken, for the first time or for the multipilth (? no such word) time... any drugs given can cause an allergic reaction. It just sucks that this happened to you Without the anaesthetist having a secure endotracheal airway there from start. So the team looking after you were probably given also a hell of a fright having to potentially emergency intubate you as your throat may have been swelling up... I am surmising. I wasn't there, but this is what may need to happen if your throat swells up: the endotracheal airway keeps your airway safe and secure, and you get to remain alive. 

That you had "the pleasure" of witnessing your own anal probe as an experience, well, the way you have written this, is for me, hilarious. I can empathise in the deepest way, as I am very hands-on in my professional capacity during a similar procedure that serves the same purpose as a colonoscopy, a colonography, using a tube in one's anus to introduce CO2 to inflate the bowel then ct scanning the bowel to get a good look for lesions, strangulations, etc. I introduce the tube and look after the patient during and after. So, yeah, seeing your own bowels close up, pink, red, potentially bleeding and covered in mucous is a total horror show. You poor bastard. You coped very well dignity wise considering what you were exposed to and can remember, and the laissez faire quotidien mood of the staff caring for you while it happens. 

You didn't have an easy experience at all, and having to endure it in pain, in widescreen, is awful. I hope that your pain reduced when it was literally over. I hope that the biopsies come back benign in all senses of the term. 

Thank you for sharing what you have and take your time to recover yourself and restore yourself again. ((((((Troy)))))

• LIKE/LOVE 6

John Roth

Glad you survived, and have a fast and complete recovery.

I was like Maxim. The only colonoscopy I went through they said I'd be a bit out of it so someone would have to drive me home. I said: "no, thanks," and went through it without being knocked out. Not a big deal, and got to watch the video.

I've got this weird thing (well, a lot of people think it's weird) the only good drug is the one you don't take. Likewise for doctors - the best medicine is to stay as far away as possible. Working so far.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

DianeHB

Sorry to hear about the difficult health issues you've been having Troy. Love you lots. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Hani

I am so sorry you had to go through all that Troy

I am glad you are feeling better

Sending you lots of love

Take care of yourself

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Susanna

I hope you feel better soon and that you have enough energy to move on. This year is really, really tough...

Big hug to you,

Susanna

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Crystal

Troy, it sounds like you've been through the wringer. Take good care of yourself!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Bill

Get well soon, Troy.  Hopefully, the worst of it is over.

Bill

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Jeroen

Troy, I am glad that you are on the path to recovery and hope you continue to improve and feel better.

I do not think I have had a colonoscopy but I have had an endoscopy and esophageal dilation done twice in my life due to food becoming stuck in my esophagus. In each case, I got a sedative but was partially awake during the experience. I recall the feeling of having the balloon dilation device put into my mouth and down into my esophagus which was uncomfortable although not necessarily worse than the feeling of having something stuck in my esophagus which can be painful at times. I may have to get the procedure done again soon.

hoho

Love your channelings, Troy. Hope you're feeling better.

I have been listening to this album lately.  I heard that listening to calming music can be better for you than even silence. It has been scientifically proven, ; ), seriously, though. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

AnnH

Oh, my friend. I was the one who told you how great the drugs were. ?   This just goes to show how different bodies are and how different experiences can be. But just because I am the patient for whom every drug works like it says it's supposed to (the Pharma industry's fave person), that doesn't mean it works like that for others. Many people have trouble with anesthetics that I just don't have. Having had a sigmoidoscopy (lower colon) without anasthesia, the pain is horrible. And the not breathing. As a viral pneumonia survivor like you, that sounds so terribly frightening.

I am so damn sorry you had to go through that.

Please let us know how you are doing.

So much love to you and so looking forward to seeing you!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Lori Abrams

Oh dear Troy, what a nightmare.  Happy you got through it all, and hope are mended or on the mend.  I had a double, and woke up on the lower, but was quickly put out again.  I didn't find any of it fun, to tell you the truth.

Wishing all is well!

OX, Lori

• LIKE/LOVE 1