Troy

Energy Report: OCTOBER 2016

Juni

I woke up with a scratchy throat, and I'm a very sneezy mess going through a lot of kleenex today. Husband said I was talking in my sleep, saying, "no" but I have no memory of my dreams, so why I was is a mystery. We are waiting for the windstorm to hit, here as well. Bracing for impact, indeed. This is a day to binge watch stuff and rest, for me.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Paulyboy

So, perhaps this brewing storm is a part of the "bracing for impact" ?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/10/15/donald-trump-warnings-conspiracy-rig-election-are-stoking-anger-among-his-followers/LcCY6e0QOcfH8VdeK9UdsM/story.html

Copy-Pasted below in plain text for convenience

By Matt Viser and Tracy Jan GLOBE STAFF  OCTOBER 15, 2016

CINCINNATI — In an arena normally reserved for ice hockey, the Donald Trump crowd was on edge.

Some wore shirts with slogans like “[Expletive] Your Feelings” or, in reference to the female Democratic nominee, “Trump that Bitch.” Others had buckets of popcorn, ready for the show. When the media entourage entered, thousands erupted in boos.

Anger and hostility were the most overwhelming sentiments at a Trump rally in Cincinnati last week, a deep sense of frustration, an us-versus-them mentality, and a belief that they are part of an unstoppable and underestimated movement. Unlike many in the country, however, these hard-core Trump followers do not believe the real estate mogul’s misfortunes are of his own making.

They believe what Trump has told them over and over, that this election is rigged, and if he loses, it will be because of a massive conspiracy to take him down.

At a time when trust in government is at a low point, Trump is actively stoking fears that a core tenet of American democracy is also in peril: that you can trust what happens at the ballot box.

View Story

His supporters here said they plan to go to their local precincts to look for illegal immigrants who may attempt to vote. They are worried that Democrats will load up buses of minorities and take them to vote several times in different areas of the city. They’ve heard rumors that boxes of Clinton votes are already waiting somewhere.

And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

He then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures.

Trump’s campaign has taken a sharp turn toward such dark warnings in recent days. He says he is a victim of conspiracies, portrays himself as a martyr to the cause of the right wing, and is stoking anger in advance of what may be a defeat on Nov. 8.

Trump has suggested that the Secret Service protecting Clinton should be disarmed and “see what happens to her,” and that “Second Amendment people” could take matters into their own hands if she wins and appoints judges who support gun control. But his campaign disavowed some of the remarks of his supporters on Saturday after this article was posted online.

“We reject violence in any form and will not allow it to be a part of our campaign,” the Trump campaign said in a statement. “Those who hold unacceptable views do not represent the millions of Americans who are tired of the rigged Washington system that will make their voices heard at the ballot box on November 8.”

Trump’s campaign has been stamped with improbability ever since he announced his candidacy in June 2015. He captured the nomination with rhetoric appealing to the angriest voters in the conservative base.

But then came the unraveling — beginning soon after his July nominating convention, when he lambasted the Muslim parents of a slain war hero. His poll numbers recovered some in late summer, but then the bottom seemed to drop out in the last week with the explosive video in which he brags about using his celebrity power to sexually assault women by forcibly kissing them and groping them.

The emergence of that video seems to have sent Trump into a regression, with speeches that — instead of expanding his appeal — more directly target the angry base that formed the strongest core of his support from the beginning.

Above all, Trump is now using the prospect of his loss to undermine faith in democratic institutions.

“It’s one big fix,’’ Trump said Friday afternoon in Greensboro, N.C. “This whole election is being rigged.’’

He saved some of his harshest criticism for the media, which he said is in league with Clinton to steal the election.

“The media is indeed sick, and it’s making our country sick, and we’re going to stop it,” he said.

Mainstream Republicans are watching these developments at the top of the ticket with a growing sense of alarm, calling Trump’s latest conspiracy theories of a rigged election irresponsible and dangerous. They also say the impact of voter fraud or errors on the outcome of elections is vastly overblown.

“How do you proclaim fraud before the incident takes place? It’s like my calling you a robber before you rob the bank,” said Al Cardenas, who was chairman of the Republican Party of Florida during the 2000 electoral recount. “In America, you call out a crime or malfeasance after it happens.”

Cardenas, having been immersed in the Florida recount for 37 days, said an average of 1.5 percent of votes cast in the nation are not recorded, due mostly to technical issues and procedural errors.

“That’s a significant number in a close election, but they are not wrongdoings,” Cardenas said. “Americans should feel that the ultimate outcome of the election is fair. That’s how we defend our democracy.”

Cardenas said he would not vote for Trump or Clinton — even if that means Clinton wins.

“Hey, the radicals had their day,’’ he said. “This is the result of it.”

Fergus Cullen, former chairman of the New Hampshire GOP, said it was an incredibly important moment in 2000 when Democrat Al Gore gave a speech saying he accepted the results of the Supreme Court decision to award the majority of electoral votes and presidential victory to George W. Bush.

“Had he not done that, or done so halfheartedly, or even suggested that he’d been robbed, or otherwise tried to delegitimize the results, it would have been a huge blow to our democratic process,” Cullen said.

Cullen expects Trump’s warnings about a rigged election to get even uglier in coming weeks, and he fears they will incite violence if Trump loses.

“That’s really scary,” Cullen said, recounting the violence at Trump rallies around the country leading up to the Republican National Convention. “In this country, we’ve always had recriminations after one side loses. But we haven’t had riots. We haven’t had mobs that act out with violence against supporters of the other side. There’s no telling what his supporters would be willing to do at the slightest encouragement from their candidate.”

While voters have certainly questioned election outcomes, it is unprecedented for the nominee of a major party to do so, historians say.

“What’s really distinct is the candidate himself putting this out front and center as a consistent theme throughout the last part of the campaign, and doing it when there’s no evidence of anything,” said Julian Zelizer, a Princeton University presidential scholar.

Some of Richard Nixon supporters in 1960 claimed that John F. Kennedy’s father bought the election for his son in Chicago. Many Democrats in 2000 felt the Supreme Court intervened on behalf of Bush. Fringe conservatives in 2008 launched the birther movement, which Trump joined with gusto in 2011, in an attempt to delegitimize Barack Obama’s presidency.

“If Clinton is elected, as it looks like she will be, they will be convinced she should not be president because the Republican nominee has confirmed their own fears, anxieties, and conspiratorial outlook,” Zelizer said. “It will make governing more difficult.”

Trump has recently started encouraging his mostly white supporters to sign up online to be “election observers” to stop “Crooked Hillary from rigging this election.” He’s urging them to act as posses of poll watchers in “other” communities to ensure that things are “on the up and up.”

“Watch your polling booths,” he warned.

His supporters are heeding the call.

“Trump said to watch your precincts. I’m going to go, for sure,” said Steve Webb, a 61-year-old carpenter from Fairfield, Ohio.

“I’ll look for . . . well, it’s called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can’t speak American,” he said. “I’m going to go right up behind them. I’ll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I’m not going to do anything illegal. I’m going to make them a little bit nervous.”

Some Trump supporters say that if he doesn’t win, they figure the United States government will be no better than dictatorships where elections cannot be trusted.

“We’re heading toward North Korea, without a doubt,” said Grant Reed, a Trump supporter wearing a shirt that said, “If you’re offended, I’ll help you pack.”

Joe Cecil, a 39-year-old restaurant manager, said he has never voted before but is newly inspired by Trump.

“If people are offended by the sexual stuff, what do they think is going to happen when Muslims come here, implement Sharia law, and start raping our women?” he asks.

But he questions the integrity of the voting system, particularly in places that don’t require identification to vote.

“This is my prediction: Trump is going to win the popular vote by a landslide, and the Electoral College will elect Hillary, because of all the corruption,” he said. “Maybe it’ll all work and restore my faith in humanity. But I doubt it.”

It’s a common strand among the Trump crowd. They say they have seen videos of Clinton supporters ripping up Republican registrations. They believe Obama is rushing to allow illegal immigrants to become citizens in order to vote.

“We’re going to have a lot of election fraud,” said Jeannine Bell Smith, 65-year-old longtime teacher in a red Trump shirt with a bucket of popcorn under her arm. “They are having illegals vote. In some states, you don’t need voter registration to vote.”

After a prayer is said and the national anthem sung, she leans in.

“We can’t have that lying bitch in the White House,” she said.

“If Hillary wins, it’s rigged,” said Judy Wright, who is from Illinois but took off work recently to come volunteer for Trump in Ohio.

She sighs at what seems to her an unfathomable outcome.

“All I know is our country is not going to be a country anymore,” she added. “I’ve heard people talk about a revolution. I’ve heard people talk about separation of states. I don’t even like to think about it. But I don’t think this movement is going away. We don’t have a voice anymore, and Donald Trump is giving us a voice.”

Matt Viser can be reached at matt.viser@globe.com. Tracy Jan can be reached at tracy.jan@globe.com.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Ingun
9 hours ago, Rosario said:

@Ingun I read your other post and this one too...Thanks for sharing your progress and reflections. This gentle Life task you have, "To uncover and display beauty that is not obvious",  I can see it permeating all the things you say/do....even among draining or challenging situations.  Superb Work...keep it up...I love you!

Rosario, thank you for your validating post :-)

Love you back always!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Christian

So in the breakdown or breakthrough....bracing...

The Trump sex scandal issue has been an unexpected trigger for me.   

Years ago when I was 10-12, I was suffering with undiagnosed depression.   I was "coping" with it in inappropriate ways.  I assume you can connect the dots. 

I literally brokedown crying at work on Friday.  I was crying because I couldn't seem to wrap my head around how to reconcile actions of 10-12 year old me with the knowledge and experience of 40 year old me.  My depression asshole didn't help by reminding me of everything else I did wrong in my life. 

My sister and I were texting and she suggested a meditative technique where you hold a picture of yourself at different points in your life, then focus on what you can to do to help that person.   I did something similar years ago with addressing scathing from the 2nd internal monad.   Depression being the bitch it is, I had forgotten that. 

There have also been deeper communications with the wife happening in recent days. Communication has been more open and honest.  

Just some thoughts on this Nexus, or whatever it is. 

• LIKE/LOVE 15

Maureen

@Christian, what a heavy load! My heart goes out to you. You are healing, my friend, healing. You got this. Those wounded parts of you just want to be loved, by you. They want to come back into the fold. They want to be accepted, by you. It takes a lot of courage and love to accept the wounded and the damaged parts of our selves but no matter what the struggle -- you are worth it. Every part of you is worth it. Don't let any voice in your head tell you any different. All of you is lovable. At your core you know this. Keep your heart open and your spirit strong. Love to you.  ♥

PS:  I love your sister and your wife too.  They rock!  ♥

• LIKE/LOVE 16

estoy
5 hours ago, Christian said:

My sister and I were texting and she suggested a meditative technique where you hold a picture of yourself at different points in your life, then focus on what you can to do to help that person.  

ohh I really like that, it reminds me of the technique where you picture a incident of the past in every detail which had a bad outcome for you but you change the out come and make a second memory of that incident with a good outcome for you which weaken the initial result.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Ingun

@Christian Maureen said it all so beautiful to you.

I will only add that innocence is a part that can be considered, included and brought along in a healing process.

I don't know if this can be useful here, but it came to my mind that Michael has said that Self-understanding and Self-assessment is on-going, it is judgement of your self on own terms, not Self-condemnation or something that should be considered a matter of good or bad, right or wrong. Self-assessment is simply an understanding of your nature, qualities, and/or abilities at the moment, and I would add "at any moment in time", since your post is referring to your past.

The techniques both your sister and @estoy were referring to is what Michael has called Creative Imagination.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Guest Matt

Maureen, you always have the best stuff to say to people. When i read your comments, i think of you being like a martial arts master with so much to offer people. Thank you. 

Troy

Just catching up here and seeing the vulnerability and kindness shared here really move me this morning. I am so grateful for all of you. Sometimes I'm just so full of mooshy love and awkward hugs for all of you. I will never take this community for granted. Thank you for taking such good care of each other. Sometimes that's all we have and it really really matters.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Bobby

I had one of those annoying repetitive dreams last night... the ones where there's something that you aren't ready for, not prepared, that you're expected to be part of.  I sort of had a half "I don't give a shit" attitude in the dream which helped :)  Somehow I knew I would be out of that situation very shortly anyway so I just didn't seem to give it much gravity.

But the odd thing that happened when I woke up and still half asleep while feeding cats and making some coffee was a song that I was familiar with but haven't heard in a while playing in my head.  Why, I don't know.  I found it interesting though in light of everything that's happening currently.

Lifeline by Mat Kearney

• LIKE/LOVE 6

ckaricai
On 10/8/2016 at 5:05 PM, Leela Corman said:

As Michael said, it is all worth it. I know that. Our rage is worth it. Our love is worth it. Our experiences are worth it. Our anger is worth it. Our power is worth it. Our rest is worth it, too.

If I'm honest, I have to admit that it doesn't feel that way to me. It seems rather futile because things don't change or they change too slowly or they change in a way that still doesn't benefit me or people who look like me. Living with intersecting identities is challenging because there is always something absurd to deal with. It's exhausting. It's hard to feel like strides in one area are great when there are still obstacles in another. Like say reducing slut shaming and rape culture are great and as a woman I see the benefits of moving a step forward, but if that doesn't include getting rid of harmful stereotypes about black women's bodies (jezebels, sapphires, mammies) then it feels like two steps back for me. I kind of annoyed about how many women around me have been whipped into action (i.e. protest after protest) after Trump's latest horrible comments about women, but these same people had no desire to protest his volley of comments against POC that started off his mess of a campaign to begin with. And I think, so you want me to protest sexual assault, but you have no interest in protesting the violence he's been inciting against brown people for months? It's one step forward, two steps back, and no matter what direction I go in I'm still wading in shit. 

I cannot wait for this election to be over so that we can pop the cork so to speak. I'm ready to deal with whatever the next thing is so I can feel like we are moving somewhere anywhere as a society instead of wading in shit. I guess I'm tired of the frustrated feelings I've been having the past few weeks. I think we all are. 

Edited by ckaricai
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Troy
2 hours ago, ckaricai said:

If I'm honest, I have to admit that it doesn't feel that way to me. [snipped]

@ckaricaiI see where you are coming from. It's so easy to diminish or undermine progress because it's not going fast enough or wide enough or right enough. I can't speak as directly about the intersections you experience, but I have some of my own, of course, and I have my passion for non-human animal welfare and rights, too. I'm an abolitionist at heart and it *kills* me how incremental the changes come for any oppressed people, but I can either throw in the towel and feel resigned, or just keep moving forward even as I carry my disappointment with me. I refuse to fall into apathy or dismissal or resignation.

And it *kills* me when I see good people being prompted to outrage inconsistently. 

It freaks me out that the internet can go into outrage over the Pulse massacre, but not over the decades of oppression from religion that causes so many to suffer or die from suicide, violence, and homelessness.

It freaks me out when the internet is outraged because someone kicks a dog, but then they sit down to a meal of flesh from an animal that suffered far more (and represents millions who suffer more) than the dog who was kicked.

But I have to remember that someone, somewhere is making the connection, realizing that it is absurd to cherry pick who deserves our compassion and who will continue to suffer our conveniences. Someone, somewhere is realizing that the hate toward a people is not ok and that it can't be ignored. I wish this could happen en masse, and sometimes it does, but when change comes slowly, I refuse to be an anchor of enervation to hold us back just because I'm disappointed and wish for more. 

Every speed on our knees is crawling, but we are still moving forward. I think that's what the "worth it" part is all about. If I can't give worth to even the tiniest of steps forward, I feel like I become a part of the problem, not the solution.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Leela Corman

@ckaricai, I also don't understand why the rest of his horrible rhetoric didn't land as widely as it should have. A white supremacist agitator was given a pass for the last year by most of the media, especially the media that most people see, because apparently he's "entertaining". I don't find racism entertaining. It is long past the time for mainstream news figures to put their fucking feet down and not permit any of it. They failed and so did the GOP, and now look at this trash fire.

On the subject of the sexual assault stuff, I have found it incredibly triggering, because I and every single other female I know, of every color, background, and ethnicity have experienced so much of it. Men talking about my pussy in the street when I was a kid and an adult just minding my own business, being grabbed, yelled at, grinded on, followed, all kinds of entitled behavior that is so commonplace. No one told me it was coming and once it started no one helped. So it's a very close to the bone issue for me and for so many. I can tell you that that's why it landed for me. But, so has every other terrible thing that asshole has said, so it's not like I just suddenly realized that he's a miserable excuse for a human being and should just be reset. I can't answer for anyone else. I know that issues around black women's sexuality and bodily autonomy are their own universe of history and suffering.

The bottom line for me is that it's just insane that a racist, stupid con artist and sexual assaulter (and probable child rapist; see pending court case) is one of the nominees for president. How is this our current reality? I can't wait for this election to be over. I watched the last debate, because I wanted to see what it would be like so soon after that tape was released, but tonight I'm going to a concert of contemporary Algerian Berber music, and I'm just going to revel in music and beauty from another place and language. Otherwise I'm spending my days listening to the most brutally abrasive music I can find and painting.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Bobby

For the last two nights, I've had very memorable dreams.

Night before last was almost comical.  It was one of those "sexual" dreams.  Thankfully, I've come to understand that they aren't about "sex" per se but reunion of sorts in some way most likely.  After thinking about that one and imagining myself asking Michael about it, I determined that I would probably have to have 911 on speed dial because I would die laughing hearing Michael's attempt at explaining that one.  Weirdly enough, it involved a somewhat famous psychic that I'm vaguely familiar with but have no idea why he would be so intimately included in my dream.

Last night involved nephew-in-law Nick.  I think this is the 3rd dream that's included him now.  In this dream, I was doing a hypnosis regression session for him.  He was enthusiastic about it which I found interesting but there were many challenges in the dream trying to rid the environment of distractions.  He's coming up on the 1st anniversary of his dad's passing in a couple of weeks so I'm wondering if there is some sort of "counseling" going on there perhaps at an Astral level.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

John Roth
10 hours ago, Timothy J Sullivan said:

Isn't it time for November Energy report...Dare we ask?

I suspect Michael is waiting until after the election, since there are several parallels spinning off of it.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Timothy J Sullivan
9 hours ago, John Roth said:

I suspect Michael is waiting until after the election, since there are several parallels spinning off of it.

Mmmm ...perhaps. Yet, if we ask they will respond. 

Becca the Student

I'm so nervous for Tuesday, but I'm trying to keep positive. I'm keeping in mind Michael's words that, if those of us holding out hope for the "unprecedented prosperity" Hillary will lead us to take action, we'll be able to enter the Mature Soul Age with more construction rather than deconstruction. I'm noticing a lot of celebrities writing letters and making videos for the get out the vote campaigns in these last few days and am inspired to volunteer and take action as well.

For anyone looking to feel less helpless, you can go to Hillary's website and sign up to go door to door or call people up (under the link appropriately titled "Action"). They give you a script and you assure those you call that their vote matters, and make sure they know where the polling booth is. It's statistically proven to increase voter turnout, apparently. ;)

I've experienced so many surprising moments of love and care recently that I'm getting really excited for the Mature age we're about to enter. I'm holding that intention and that love for a prosperous future in my mind as the next few days come up.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Troy

The delay in the Energy Report is all because of me. I haven't even asked for it. I know I could and I know I should, but I have been in a walking coma for the past few weeks as I brace myself for this election and it's been very difficult to get out of my own way to channel. Usually, nothing gets in my way unless it's a health issue. This is the first time something psychologically heavy has interfered in a long time. Hopefully, I can get the report in by Wednesday.

I created a new thread for us to focus on this eve of the election and tomorrow's long day waiting for the results. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Christian

Troy,  keep your sanity.   

The hospital scare a few years ago was enough.  

Approach it when you are ready. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Ingun
On 9/29/2016 at 5:45 PM, Troy said:

Self-Destruction is the fear of worthlessness. It is a reactionary defense against any challenge or questioning of one’s value, place, contribution, and meaning. Having your position in life, in relationships, in the universe questioned is natural. It will happen from within and from outside of you. The questioning is important, healthy, and encourages awareness. In addition to the natural and healthy questioning of one’s place, value, contribution, and meaning, there will come different answers to those questions that are both your own and that of others. You must sort through these answers to discover the truth of your value, place, meaning, and contribution. The range of answers is nowhere near as important as the answers you choose to emphasize, allow, and ultimately accept.

The “best” that Self-Destruction can do in defense against the sense of worthlessness is to Sacrifice. This shows up in many different ways. It shows up in the literal sense that a person puts every other position of value and meaning above himself or herself as a way to prove worth. It shows up as aches, pains, ailments, and other disabling effects that give visible and viable reasons for why one cannot contribute or be of any value to anyone. It shows up as one who loses himself or herself in work to support a family. It shows up in the individual who decides his life only has meaning if it is willing to be given in place of someone else’s, such as the person who drowns while rescuing someone drowning, or the fireman, or the police officer who dies in the line of duty protecting another.

Sacrifice is upheld as a virtue and one that unquestioningly proves or secures one’s value or protects one’s reasons for lack of value, but Sacrifice is a falsehood. As with all positive poles of Chief Features, none are truly “positive,” as they are still rooted in fear and do nothing to solve the problem from which the fear arises.

Sacrifice is often confused as Devotion, but Sacrifice is very different. Devotion is a choice. Devotion serves both the giver and the receiver. Sacrifice is presumed to be the only choice, if a choice at all. It is motivated by the appearance, by the guaranteed position of value or the deflection of questioning value. Sacrifice demands recognition, or deflects and redirects it. Devotion tends to be quiet and personal, while Sacrifice is dramatic and theatrical.

Self-destruction in the negative pole is Suicide. This is the “ultimate” Sacrifice. Suicide is a statement, the ultimate demand for recognition and proof of one’s value and meaning, or the ultimate condemnation and ending of one’s questioning of value. This shows up in literal suicide, in suicide bombings, in terminal illnesses and any chronically destructive addictions or habits. This is not to say that all terminal illnesses are Self-Destruction/Suicide, of course, but many debilitating and terminal illnesses have some roots in the deep uncertainty of one’s value and meaning in the world, relationships, in life.

I'm into a long process of questioning my value, place, contribution and meaning and trying to sort through this. It's a mess and it is a messy process.

• LIKE/LOVE 1