Couple of dreams I've had

Sam K

Question

So I'm not sure if there's a better place for this, as I wasn't able to find a section specifically about dreams, but let me know if it belongs somewhere else.

Around the time of the election, I had two weird dreams, one before and one just after.  I'm a pretty vivid dreamer in general, but these in particular struck me as unusually meaningful somehow, though I can only guess as to their meaning.

In the first one, I was at a party in someone's house.  It was crowded, but I felt like I only knew one or two people there.  As I was walking by a table, I saw Jozef Pilsudski sitting at it (this guy ).  I introduced myself, we exchanged pleasantries, and I moved on as he didn't really seem interested in talking.  That's all I remember clearly.  I only have a passing familiarity with Pilsudski's life and no real connection to him or to Poland.  I do, on the other hand, have Lithuanian ancestors on my father's side, and Pilsudski was born in present-day Lithuania, so maybe something to do with that?  Normally I'd just write something like this off as just an odd little dream and nothing more, but it was vivid and stuck with me for some reason.  I don't know, my gut just says there's more to it than that. 

The other dream was much more vivid and a bit clearer in the meaning department, though multiple interpretations come to mind.  I was backstage at a Donald Trump rally or event of some kind.  I wandered into Trump's dressing room, and saw him there... except it wasn't him.  I don't recall him being anyone in particular that I know in real life, but I got a very strong feeling that this was someone that I liked and trusted, someone kind and intelligent.  He put on some make-up and a wig, and essentially became Trump before my eyes.  We didn't speak, but I vividly remember feeling frustrated and confused.  Why would this person who I held in such esteem go through all that trouble just to take on this narcissistic, belligerent persona?  Wouldn't it be far more productive for him to just be himself?  As he walked on stage, Trump looked at me and gave me this sly smile, as if he knew exactly what I had been thinking.  Then I woke up.

So, any thoughts?

• LIKE/LOVE 4

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet